Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reconcile Accounts: Ability to hide cleared transactions

BA
Trusted Cover User
Trusted Cover User

38Posts

52Kudos

3Solutions

38 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia

Would you like to consider a simple modification to the bank reconciliation screen please to make our lives a little better?

When a lengthy reconciliation is being done it requires scrolling backwards and fowards, this scrolling increases as more entries are matched. Would it not be better to hide the reconciled transactions?

"Hide matched transactions during Reconciliation"

Current Status: Archived
Last Changed: August 2018

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had no support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

3 Comments
Geoff_
Ultimate Partner
1,721 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi Robert.

I don't know if this will help you but when I am reconciling bank statements I reconcile half or a quarter of a page at a time. Some bank statements I reconcile are up to 20 pages long . Actually I have one client I reconcile his bank statement daily.

I am then confident that everything is OK up to that point.

I hope this suggestion is of some assistance to you.

Growers
Trusted Cover User
61 Posts
Trusted Cover User

I used to have to reconcile approximately 30 different bank accounts for the same employer and while my advice at the time was to ditch as many of them as possible and consolidate, I used to break the larger ones down into more manageable sizes by setting shorter dates.

This worked really well and ensured that any errors or dubious entries could be traced more easily.

Greg

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had no support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages