Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Import/Export Assistant: Update enabled fields to be disabled by importing blank record

Former Staff

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand

In AR 2016, when exporting data, normally for boolean fields it uses X to denote Y or Enabled, and {blank} for N or Disabled.

In this case, I attempted to update a large number of item's Use Desc. On Invoice field, from Enabled to Disabled, by using deleting the X and leaving the field {blank}.

The log did say all transactions imported, but nothing actually was. I tested the same thing in clearwater which only has a few items which worked fine.

Changing the field from {blank} to N worked flawlessly the next time I imported the data.

So I suggest having exported and imported boolean fields standardised to Y or N as they do work.

"Proper Value for Boolean Fields for Import and Export"

Current Status: Archived
Last Changed: August 2018

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had no support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

1 Comment
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had no support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages