Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Option to change the serial number in a company file

Cover User

2Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Yur current system for serial number reset/removal is a complete waste of your customers time as well as yours. This seems to be a common problem with your software and as such should have a much simpler fix withouir sacrificing the security of the data file.

For the second time (through no fault of my own) I have had to go through the process of having my serial no reset/removed. What a lot of hasslle and waste of everyones time. This process should not be this difficult. You should be able to talk to a client over the phone or on live chat to help them reset this number as required! No excuses about file security etc, this is nonsense. If need be and you are worried about security use a pin number system that changes over time to allow back entry into the program and seriel no changes. Have a look at Rescue me 123 etc. this works very well and uses a pin generated by support. You could even use this type of process to allow you to log into the clients computer!

Think of the benefits to your customers (the people who pay your wages) in terms of reduced waiting time for support

Bret Lewin

SAMBRE Pty Ltd

"Improved Serial No Reset"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2017

Hi Everyone

AccountRight 201x range allows for the user to change the serial number in the company file using the Help>>Change Serial Number option.

Do note that if a 'live' service has been used in the company file this option may be greyed out.

2 Comments
Dan_Moulton
40 Posts
Former Staff
Hi Bret, thanks for the feedback. We understand it can be frustrating having to send in files to have serial numbers removed. What do others think, Is this something you'd like us to do? Vote if you need this feature.
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

AccountRight 201x range allows for the user to change the serial number in the company file using the Help>>Change Serial Number option.

Do note that if a 'live' service has been used in the company file this option may be greyed out.