Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

In Tray: Adding document to purchases already with a document attached

DKP
Trusted Cover User
Trusted Cover User

62Posts

221Kudos

3Solutions

62 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia

The heading should be self explanitory.

as below that i found on forum, i don't know if this has already been suggested

""However if you would like the developers to include the option to attach multiple documents to the one transaction in a future release you can raise it as a suggestion over on the MYOB AccountRight Idea Exchange so the developers can gauge the genuine demand and consider implementing it.""

Cheers

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: December 2019

Hi All!

This feature has now been implemented with the release of AccountRight 2019.4. You are now able to attach multiple Documents to Purchases from In Tray or directly in the Bills Attachments window.

You can view more on this feature in the 2019.4 Announcement Post here: AccountRight 2019.4 is now available

Cheers,

Hayden

MYOB Product Team

@DKP @eftl @Mark77 @CloudMindAcc @MichelleTB 

27 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @DKP

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and the ongoing improvement of the In Tray.

I would encourage other users that would like to see the ability to attach multiple documents to one purchase to vote and comment if required for this idea.

BuilderBoy
3 Posts
Cover User

I need to link more than one invoice to a bill. The 'solved' response from 2012 is a work around not really a solution. Hoping that progress has been made on this since 2012!!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @BuilderBoy

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the In Tray

I've merged your idea with this one already included on the AccountRight Idea Exchange.

OZNZ
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I have recently started using the In Tray facility, which I thought was useful, however have discovered a fairly major glitch in the system.  In brief, once you have added a pdf document to a purchase, it will not allow you to add another document.  I have entered an employees expenses into the system, and scanned in his expense form.  Then I needed some receipts for office equipment (capital expenditure) which I know will be needed by our accountants at a later date.  He forwarded these separately, however MYOB will not allow me to add these receipt pdf's once there is a document already in there.  I see this as a complicated and time consuming task as documents don't always come through at the same time.  It needs the facility to store other information. 

MYOB have advised you can only have 'one' document so I would need to scan all receipts together - which is obviously not ideal, or practical.

Please can you look at this?

Also - now that we have 2 company files I cannot email the pdf's straight into the in box, it needs to be dragged and dropped in.  This is easy enough, but the emailing was easier so I hope they address this soon also.

financeca
7 Posts
Cover User

Good idea Smiley Happy

financeca
7 Posts
Cover User

Can the PDF default be changed in in-tray to "fit height" ?
As this allows me to see the whole document straight away - rather than just the top.

This will save me lots of time over the long-term Smiley Happy

acplumbing
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

i am using AR2017, I have a small amount of suppliers but we receive a large number of bills from them every month. At the moment I manually enter the bills into one monthly transaction under each supplier, so each supplier may have 25 invoices sitting in the one June purchase for that supplier. It would be great to be able to link more than one bill to a supplier once an initial purchase has been recorded.

acplumbing
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

i am using AR2017, I have a small amount of suppliers but we receive a large number of bills from them every month. At the moment I manually enter the bills into one monthly transaction under each supplier, so each supplier may have 25 invoices sitting in the one June purchase for that supplier.

It would be great to be able to use the In Tray and link more than one bill to an open purchase for any particular month and Supplier

Annettem
1 Post
Cover User

This is something available in Xero and very frustrating that it is not available in MYOB.  You are also able to attach files to Deposits in Xero.

Preemarose
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I also have a need to add more than one pdf to a supplier bill or customers invoice via In Tray as the documents may come at different times