Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Inventory: Items List - Add Customer Column

Cover User

2Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Is there a reason why we cannot customise lists and windows to add more columns. For instance in the Inventory Items list it would be helpful to have a customer or job number column. Alternatively being able to add colums from the custom list on the card detail tab from the Card List.

"Add columns to list and windows"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: May 2015

Hi @Formpac

Thank you for clarifying your idea and providing additional information

Currently you can only add in certain columns to certain windows/lists. To see which columns you can add right click on the header of the table and select Column Chooser.  For most users this would be blank as by default most clients have the full set of columns displayed.

However I would encourage clients that would like to see additional columns to be selected, such as the Custom List fields for the Item List window, to vote and comment if required for this idea.

14 Comments
frankythec
1 Post
Cover User

I run a business with thousands of different parts and they are in ther own bins which are in allocated bays on wharehouse shelving.For example part number ABC is in bay 17B. At a glance on the "Inventory" Tab, under "Itemls List", which tells me quantity on hand, price etc..., i need a column also showing this wharehouse location. I am amazed this feature doesnt exist. I have all my parts with the locations on an excel spreadsheet and it would be good if i could just import that info into MYOB.

Would love to here MYOB's feedback on this.

Frank

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello Frank,

I have clients with a similar need to you and for them we use the Customs List or the Custom Fields feature in MYOB Items Details tab.

Depending on how many Bays / bins you have you could use the Custom Lists. If there are a very large number then the Custom Field would be used .

Capture.JPG

For more information see this MYOB Support Note.

http://myobaustralia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9074/kw/9074

I hope this helps.

Cheers

David

BoutiqueGaming
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Does anyone else think that the inventory should have customisable fields?

Only having item number, item name, qty on hand, last price, and sell price seems very restricting.

I suggest this as a business owner with thousands of products and trying to remember every items most important information is impossible, and with the extra fields for custom information sorting through inventory lists could be much quicker and easier.

I think this would be helpful for alot of businesses that stock variants of items that are greatly similar to each other, eg

the same items in different colours

the same items in a different size

for second hand dealers wether or not something is new in box or second hand

And of course the added advantage of being able to filter the list with custom fields to see all items of one category together would be massively helpful.

Having fields you could see in your inventory list would help when looking for a specific item and make the parctice of managing the stock data base much easier

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @Formpac

Could you please provide more details as in where exactly would you like the Customer, Job Number or Custom List columns to pull information from? Currently when setting up items you can only specify a Primary Supplier for Reorders, there are no default customer or job number set up for items. Are you looking for the ability to create default customer, job number for item setup as well as showing them in the Item List window?

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you very much for your suggestion @BoutiqueGaming

While the Item List Summary report can be customised to display the Custom Lists, having the ability to view the Custom List directly from the Item List screen would make inventory managing easier.

We would love to hear what everyone thinks, please do cast your vote if you wish to see this option in AccountRight, and leave comments if required. 

Formpac
2 Posts
Cover User

Hi CloverQ

On the Item Details tab of the Item card there are 3 custom lists and 3 custom fields. I would like to be able to rename the custom lists (which I have done) to Customer Name and Job Number and to see these columns in the Item List. I cannot seem to find any way to customise the columns in the Item List. Currently the only columns supplied are:

Item number

Name

On hand

Last cost

Sell price.

Many thanks

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Formpac

Thank you for clarifying your idea and providing additional information

Currently you can only add in certain columns to certain windows/lists. To see which columns you can add right click on the header of the table and select Column Chooser.  For most users this would be blank as by default most clients have the full set of columns displayed.

However I would encourage clients that would like to see additional columns to be selected, such as the Custom List fields for the Item List window, to vote and comment if required for this idea.

pingpong
6 Posts
Cover User

Add Custom List 1/2/3 and Field 1/2/3 to the Column Chooser in the Item List

pingpong
6 Posts
Cover User

Add the ability to lookup an Item by data stored in the Item Custom Fields.

This could then be used to store and lookup items via their barcodes.

Currently the only solution would be to use the item barcode as the Item Number, which totally breaks the ability to do a manual lookup, so you're stuck with having to choose either one method or the other (Manual or Barcode) which in this day and age seems almost prehistoric and it staggers me that this is not already built in, how long have barcodes been around now...?

Realistically there should already be an inbuilt field, either on the Item Details or Selling Details tab for the entry of an item's barcode.

MYOB: If doing a lookup on all three would cause too much overhead, then maybe just Custom Field 1.

I've just started in anew job and proceeded to install 2015.3 knowing that it had 'cloud' functionality, only to be dissapointed to find out that that only means that the data file is stored online. The interface is pretty much the same as in the past, it's unresponsive, even on the powerful PC I've built and looking up items to process an order it still tedious. MYOB, surely you can do better than this...?

I'm always stuck asking myself why using MYOB feels like using software from the 80's, has the source not ever been recoded since then?

AshL
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I would really appreciate this option being added into the software. We rely on this Items list to quickly find where we store each of our items, which we have listed under custom field #1. However, I can't add this column into the Item List screen so have had to add the location at the start of each item's name (i.e. P1 Finger Nut). This then means that when I generate invoices for our customers, I can't use the description because it comes up saying 'P1 Finger Nut' rather than just 'Finger Nut'. This is a huge cause of frustration for our business.