Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales/Purchases: Show full description line when entering a sale/purchase

Contributing Cover User

11Posts

20Kudos

0Solutions

11 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand

It would be REALLY helpful if we could see all the lines typed in the purchase description field (as you could prior to the last update - and as you can on Invoice description field)

I am unsure why it was thought to be better to just be able to read the top line - it is really NOT !

"Purchases - Item - description field now shows only one line"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2013

Thank you for the suggestion. Improving this sort of workflow is something we're always looking at improving in our software. Please vote and comment to show your support and suggest areas you would like to see this change.

17 Comments
Ingeborg
4 Posts
Cover User

I totally agree!

TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

Although this idea was written for the 'Item Layout' equally applies to the description field within all invoice layouts including the 'Service Layout'.

Can you please bring back what we had in pre 201x versions where a user could enter up to 4 lines of text before it started to disappear; that applied to 'Transaction'. Header' and 'Subtotal' lines as indicate in the following image:

4 Lines of Text.JPG

Kind Regards
Tony Lane - Penguin - Tasmania

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thank you for the suggestion. Improving this sort of workflow is something we're always looking at improving in our software. Please vote and comment to show your support and suggest areas you would like to see this change.
Denise_Cimarosti
Partner
95 Posts
Partner

This functionality is required for sales transactions as well - both service and item.

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

In the AR live versions I am having to scroll down the page to view items in the bill.  As the end user this is proving to be time consuming.   Some clients have up to 40 items on one bill.

Currently I can only see 9 items on the one invoice and have to scroll up and down the page to find items.  The 19.9 version allowed us to see 20 items on the one screen.  

Suggested fix - on  the invoice or bill screen there seems to be a lot of white space that could be utilised (Bottom/Top of page on right hand side) to allow more item lines to be viewed on the page (to aviod the need to scroll so much).

Also at some point MYOB have removed the option to change the front size under preferences>windows?

Is any other users finding finding the same problems or have worked out another way around this?

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

Agree with your above comments BooksInTheCloud and have voted fot it.  It is little things like this that could make the end user experience so much better.  I hope MYOB listens to our pleas.

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thank you for your suggestion. Making information more easily viewable is something that we're always interested in improving. What I can suggest currently is to either maximise or manually resize the window for your Invoices to allow more room to see transaction lines. Its good to see some support for this already, those who want to see it, please remember to add your vote too.
stevepod
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Yes I would also like to see this improved.  I have a client who could see many more lines in version 19.9.  Now upgraded to 2013.4 but have to keep scrolling to see all of the lines of the invoice while entering it.

Garon
6 Posts
Cover User

I agree. Huge difference. We too have invoices with multiple items, 40-50 often.

Old Prem version can see 20 lines

New Prem Live can see only 4!!

Matthew how exactly do you "manually resize the window" - it is already maiximised.

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff

Hi Garon, that is very odd, if the Window for your Sales is maximised it should show somewhere between 12 and 16 lines, it will vary a bit depending on your screen resolution. For it to still show 4 lines makes me thing that your Windows Zoom isn't set to be compatible with AccountRight, you can follow this guide to make sure that these are correct.

Kind Regards,

Matthew