Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: Job Profit & Loss Statement - Include Budget values

Experienced Cover User

15Posts

54Kudos

0Solutions

15 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

In previous versions of MYOB you were able to print the Job Profit & Loss report with the Budget Figures.  However with Account Right 2013.3 this facility is no longer available.  PLEASE re-consider the removal of this feature as it is a necessary part of using the Job function.

"Job Profit & Loss to Include Budget Figures"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: November 2013

Thank you for the post, ReefGroup. As suggested by MickDevine, you may find that the Job (Budget Analysis) report has the information that you are after, as it contains details of the Actuals as well as budgeted figures for Jobs. However I have passed on your feedback to our Developers to consider adding the Budgeted field back into the Jobs P&L report. We request others who would like this to be brought back to please Vote and add comments.

30 Comments
MickDevine
Valued Partner
242 Posts
Valued Partner

Hi

Does the Job (Budget Analysis) give you what you need? I know it doesn't give the month and year to date options but it does give a comparison of budgets to actuals.

If you want more comprehensive job budget reporting have a look at Calxa Premier - there's a free trial available on our website

Mick

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff
Thank you for the post, ReefGroup. As suggested by MickDevine, you may find that the Job (Budget Analysis) report has the information that you are after, as it contains details of the Actuals as well as budgeted figures for Jobs. However I have passed on your feedback to our Developers to consider adding the Budgeted field back into the Jobs P&L report. We request others who would like this to be brought back to please Vote and add comments.
ReefGroup
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Mick,

Thanks for your suggestion however no the Job (Budget Analysis) does not give me what I need.  I need to be able to print a Job Profit & Loss Report with date options and budget figures.

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

this type of reporting is very crucial. I really don't understand why it is not built in already -it's available in the competitor products. I have voted for it.

AFSA
4 Posts
Cover User

In V19 we were able to print Job Profit and Loss reports with Job Budgets.

We can't do this in Accounting Right Plus AU V 2014.4

It is extremely frustrating.

Can this be included in the modifications to this program.

Dee-Workman
Ultimate Partner
1,175 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi @AFSA 

Is your job P & L not the same as Jobs (Budget Analysis)?  This report gives you the job budget and actual figures with the net profit and loss.

NZIFSA-Tracy
2 Posts
Cover User

I had this same problem and found out that you have to put the job progress at 100% to show the comparison when running the reports.  It still does not give you lines that have no actual figures on them against the budget - very fustrating

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for the suggestion @AFSA. Anyone who would like to set the budget field added back to the job profit and loss as an option, please vote for this idea.

In the meantime, a workaround would be to run the job budget analysis report, or the job budget history report.

Mutooroo
2 Posts
Cover User

Desperate to get the budget field added back to the job profit & loss report.  Smiley Sad

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Mutooroo,

A very warm welcome to the MYOB Community Forum. I hope you find this to be a useful tool.

Thank you for your comments on the topic. I understand having the budget field in the Jobs Profit & Loss report is important for your business. To show your support for the idea would you also please take a moment to vote on the Idea by clicking on the +vote button on the top left hand side.