Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reports: Job - Report on Balance Sheet (Asset, Liability, Equity) accounts

Former Staff

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

6 Posts
Former Staff
Australia

Submitted on behalf of Taxcorp P/L - Stephen Browning

Reports wish list - Can you develop job reports for assets or liabilities? It currently only reports on income and expenses. A lot of people also wish to use this reporting function for assets and liabilities.

"Job report for assets and liabilities"

Current Status: Maybe later
Last Changed: September 2013

It's a good suggestion that would expand the ways you can use the Jobs feature. However, as it is today, the feature is designed to track and report profit and loss for work performed (usually for customers). We understand many use the Jobs feature in other ways (such as departmental reporting) and so expanding reporting to include balance sheet items would be a logical enhancement. Departmental tracking is something we're considering for the future. If we do, we'd like to deliver a dedicated reporting features for departments.

It's also worth noting that as we expand the function of our AccountRight API, more addon tools will be available to meet your specific needs. We recommend keeping an eye out for these in our MYOB addon store: myob.com.au/addons/

9 Comments
Nic-acc-addons
Super Partner
507 Posts
Super Partner

Hi Roychan,

Depending on your requirements, BudgetLink (myob addon) should be able to produce the numbers you need.

Go to http://accountingaddons.com.au/solutions/solutions-by-product/budgetlink/ and read about it and download a copy.

Best of luck.

John_W
MYOB Staff
70 Posts
MYOB Staff

It's a good suggestion that would expand the ways you can use the Jobs feature. However, as it is today, the feature is designed to track and report profit and loss for work performed (usually for customers). We understand many use the Jobs feature in other ways (such as departmental reporting) and so expanding reporting to include balance sheet items would be a logical enhancement. Departmental tracking is something we're considering for the future. If we do, we'd like to deliver a dedicated reporting features for departments.

It's also worth noting that as we expand the function of our AccountRight API, more addon tools will be available to meet your specific needs. We recommend keeping an eye out for these in our MYOB addon store: myob.com.au/addons/

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

This would be really great does anyone know of any add on's that can do this easily?

Michell_Feitosa
Contributing User
17 Posts
Contributing User

I also use a lot of job feature as my departmental cost. When this future will be able to report on assets and liabilites. how about my accounts receivable for some particular Job (service), I cannot not report on it. 

Michell_Feitosa
Contributing User
17 Posts
Contributing User

HI @John_W and MYOB team,

today is March 2017, I am still waiting for Job feature to be able to report on assets and liabilities.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Michell_Feitosa

At this stage we don't have any immediate plans to investigate adding the job reports for assets and liability accounts.. Therefore this particular idea has been marked accordingly as ‘Maybe Later’ . This is something that we may revisit in the future but are will not be actively considering at the moment.

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello Stephen @RoyChan

You are already able to get ajobs reports on Balance Sheet accounts. Simply tick the box to include them.

Capture3.JPG

Cheers David

DukeofEdWA
3 Posts
Cover User

PLease open the report to include ALL accounts not just PL items thanks 

TMEddy
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I see this was posted in 2013!  And yet we are still waiting on it.  We just had a "job" that was an IT Implementation.  I wanted to track all expenses in their relative groupings (Hardware, software, implementation costs) and then run reports to track progress against what they'd promised.  However, because the hardware are Assets I can't get a full costing for this.  I have to run two separate reports and join them together in Excel.  

Come one MYOB.  When your community asks for something as simple as this, surely you can implement.  Pretty sure I could have written the code for this myself by now.