Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Accounts: Stop journal consolidation

Valued Partner

97Posts

86Kudos

11Solutions

97 Posts
Valued Partner
New Zealand

Hi,

In earlier versions of AccountRight it was possible to enter a single journal entry that coded against the same account multiple times, and each line could be reconciled individually, or searched for individually in reports or Find Transaction screens.

Is it possible to return to the old way of reporting journal entries, where I could reconcile each line individually, and search for each line individually?  The way the software now consolidates journals makes it much harder for me to see the individual parts of account movement if I'm coding spend money or general journal transactions.

"Stop journal consolidation in AccountRight 2011"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: November 2013

Thanks again for all your votes and comments. We have implemented this suggestion in AccountRight 2013.4. We hope the change makes business life easier for you.

35 Comments
jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi Jason,

Can we have an update on this - above you mention it is planned for 2013.1 release - but looking at the later posts - this hasn't happened?

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Jennie,

Happy to provide an update. I'm sure you are aware that our development team ended up focusing most of their resources on improving speed and performance for the 2013.1 and 2013.3 releases. This was based on overwhelming feedback from clients and Partners that it should be the team's biggest priority. Tackling journal consolidation is absolutely still planned (Dale Dixon made a public commitment at recent Partner Connection events) and will be tackled as soon as the team has addressed payroll performance. I will ask our product managers to provide a timeframe as soon as they are able.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff
Thanks for all your votes and comments. This request is now in development and scheduled for our next AccountRight update 2013.4.
JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff
Thanks again for all your votes and comments. We have implemented this suggestion in AccountRight 2013.4. We hope the change makes business life easier for you.
Daz152
Experienced Partner
53 Posts
Experienced Partner

I use retailmanager with Accountright 2016.3 and currently spend a minimum of 2 to 3 hours per import of data because accountright combines deposits and payment journals in the cash on hand account.

For example if we have 20 direct deposits for the day then when we post that to AR is creates one General journal file with 20+ entries.

I then have to redo each of those entries to enable it match the bank.

THis is also true with eftpos, cash etc as the total may not match the actual banking for the day because of time etc.

In the old MYOB it showed every individual journal in the prepare bank deposit and these could be matched against the actual deposit book, merchant summary etc.

It would save me hours especially when I'm away for a week, and comeback to 100+ journals to do.

This also happens with other imports as well if they have same date and account number.