Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Cloud: Only need to enter AccountRight Live login information, not company file

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User

I am an accountant that needs to login onto multiple Accountright Live Files.  When I access the Online Library I have to login with my my.myob user details but then when I open a client file I have to use a another username and password to get into the file itself.

This is a hopeless way of doing it and should be removed.

"Logging into AccountRight Live Files"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2015

We're pleased to say that we've now released our single on for AccountRight Live. You can now opt to log into AccountRight Live files with a single sign on.

4 Comments
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for your suggestion. Anyone else who would like to combine AccountRight live logins and file logins into a single login, please cast your vote here.

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @sheree 

The job profit and loss will show the income and cost of sales from any item SALE with the job applied. If you use the inventory function in AccountRight,  you are agreeing to track your items as an asset until they're sold. This means that there is no expense or cost of sales on a purchase, because the inventory is being tracked as an asset instead. This is normal and correct process for inventoried items. 

The cost of sales component instead appears on the sale (instead of the purchase), as this is when the item no longer gets tracked on your balance sheet as an asset and instead becomes cost of sales. If you put the job against the sale, then AccountRight will show the cost of sales on the job profit and loss against that job. It will just occur on the sale date (as it should), rather than the purchase date. So the job profit and loss will correctly show the true profit and loss from a job, but that profit and loss will correctly only show cost of sales for inventoried items, after the invoice for that job has been raised.

Rather than a profit and loss, are you wanting a report that will show the dollar value of all purchases against a job, regardless of whether or not the purchases were item purchases?

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

We understand that having a separate file login and AccountRight Live login can be cumbersome, particularly for professional partners. So we are excited to announce, that we are currently developing the capability for you to link files to your AccountRight Live login, so that you can sign in once and have access to all files you've been invited to. This capability will be released in an upcoming update.

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

We're pleased to say that we've now released our single on for AccountRight Live. You can now opt to log into AccountRight Live files with a single sign on.