Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Pay Superannuation: Delete or hide reversed paysuper payments

Experienced Cover User

72Posts

802Kudos

0Solutions

72 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

There is currently no way to hide or delete authorised (or approved) PaySuper transactions so ones that need to be amended will still show as partially authorised (if 2 authorisations required)

"PaySuper - delete or hide reversed paysuper payments"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2021

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support for this idea through the years.

With the release of AccountRight 2021.1, we have introduced the Pay Superannuation status "Reversal Completed". This will alert users that the payment has been reversed and prevent the payment from being completed. For more information on Pay Superannuation statuses please see Help Article: Make superannuation payments.

Once again, thank you for your support and your patience for this long-awaited feature.

202 Comments
JohnBoy
5 Posts
Cover User

Come on MYOB !!!  This has seriously gone on long enough. There must be a way to fix this.  I have 2 payments that i had to reverse and they have since been paid but the PENDING PAYMENTS are still listed ready for somebody to accidently authorise you to deduct this money out of my account and pay the Super fund.  I can only imagine the trouble i would have to go through to convince the super fund that it was paid accidentally and please send back the money.  This is not the first post and request for this to be fixed.  THIS IS A LOADED GUN WAITING TO GO OFF FOR MANY OF YOUR CUSTOMERS. FIX IT!!

KellyBerger
Experienced Partner
20 Posts
Experienced Partner

It is entirely frustrating to have a pending authorisation sitting in the manage payment screen after reversing it.  My poor heavily preganant client with baby brain will now have to remember not to authorise the wrong one.  This needs to be fixed ASAP and is an unacceptable item to be unaddressed for so long!!!

IanChait
Ultimate Partner
1,443 Posts
Ultimate Partner

This is a grave oversite, and needs to be implemented as a priority. Astounding that this recommendation goes back to 2014 and in 2017 this still hasn't been included

Myreeann
Experienced Partner
13 Posts
Experienced Partner

We really need the ability to remove deleted / reversed Superannation payments to ensure there is less confusion when clients are approving their Super payments. We have the Aufit function so we can see thast there was a deleted transaction, that should be sufficient.

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

I have probably commented on this thread before having just fixed another returned payment I would like to voice how ridiculous cumbersome it is to fix a rejected payment.   The average user does not comprehend easily how to go about fixing the returned payment.  

I urge MYOB to fix this in a hurry again there is a tone of posts and 160 votes.    Surely we should have the ability to tick and reverse one payment so it comes back up in the Pay Super screen to be re-authorised.   Having to fix the entire batch is ridicoulus. 

I am a big fan of MYOB Pay super and of the MYOB product however the development team needs to start fixing some of these common sore points for the users on this idea page.   Issues like this one discourage users from using these great features as they get frustrated not knowing how to resolve them easily and stop using these great features.   

Suzi_Byrom
Contributing Cover User
50 Posts
Contributing Cover User

It's a shame that we can't give kudos to some of the comments but I'm with you @IanChait & @CloudMindAcc it is completely rediculous that this has not been resolved. Quite frankly I am feeling like all our comments and recommendations on this forum are just a waist of our time given how long it seems to take for anything to progress. 

MYOB - Ideas Exchange Screen Shot 20170420.jpg

WendyE
Experienced Cover User
60 Posts
Experienced Cover User

If it can not be deleted from the list, if should at least show a status of "cancelled" or "reversed"

konmanos
Trusted User
95 Posts
Trusted User

It seems to me a waste of time, and not even a response from MYOB. The fault in the s/ware, which can be a cause for financial loss, should be reviewed and implemented as a going concern to their software. It is a security wekaness in their software, and should not be seen as a nice to have. It is a serious weakness in the software and one that needs to be resolved as soon as possible. It seems to me that MYOB are ignoring the ongoing issue, and more interested in putting together commercials to show how good and innovative their s/ware is - for more customers to be ignored. C'mon MYOB - this does not work and is causing many issues in your customer base!! Look after them, and you will be looked after. Ignore them and they will ignore you. Golden rule - Do unto them what you wish for them to do unto you.

Geoff_Colwill
Experienced Partner
125 Posts
Experienced Partner

Where pending authorisations have been reversed it would be good to hide or delete them from the manage payments window

Geoffrey

konmanos
Trusted User
95 Posts
Trusted User

It seems like we all have the solution - however MYOB do not have the resources to apply. What a waste of software - when this has been pending for over 3 years, in such a critical operation of their application.