Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales/Purchases: Option to enter credit or debit note (like status)

Partner

243Posts

464Kudos

0Solutions

243 Posts
Partner
Australia

I know there are heaps of sophisticated suggestions for AccountRight, but this suggestion gets back to the basics of entering Credit Notes

1. Creating Credit Notes

CNs would be more efficient if there was a “Credit Note” button on the command centre (this make sense for users)

AND/OR

A CREDIT NOTE option to choose from in the existing list of QUOTE/ORDER/INVOICE etc (top left of screen). 

Then when the CREDIT NOTE is selected, the background colour should be different to that of a normal invoice i.e.. shaded pink so it is obvious it is a credit note. 

2. Applying Credit Notes

When you have entered a Credit Note, you should be prompted to apply the credit note from that data entry screen.  This step is easily/often missed at it is not obvious to the user.

AND/OR

An "Apply Credit Note" button either from the credit note itself or from the command centre (it is not intuitive to have to go and find the Credit Note again before you can apply it)

Thanks for reading and tell me if you think this would be useful.

"More User-friendly Credit Notes"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2013

Thank you for your feedback on this, I can see where you're coming from here and we would be happy to look into this for you. For a better idea on how this would be implemented it would be great to get some comments ageing with this method or posting options or adjustments that they would also like to see.

2 Comments
Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thank you for your feedback on this, I can see where you're coming from here and we would be happy to look into this for you. For a better idea on how this would be implemented it would be great to get some comments ageing with this method or posting options or adjustments that they would also like to see.
GasMan
2 Posts
Cover User

When processing a sale for someone with an outstanding credit note it would be great if you are promted to use the credit note for the sale. This is often missed and we have credits sitting for sometime. This would work for a cash sale and an account sale as it is double work to process then to go into the debtor payments to apply the credits.