Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Statements: Ability to set a customer's email address for statements

Cover User

7Posts

20Kudos

0Solutions

7 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Any chance we could get the option to setup a unique email address for individual customer so I may email statements out monthly to the customers preferred accounts email address.

I am well aware there are 5 configurable email addresses to choose from but I want to have a dedicated email address for the account statements to go to, sick of changing/forgetting  to pick the correct email address when emailing out dozens of statements at the end of month. 

Such a simple option would make the software so much more valuable.

"Easily Email Statements"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: August 2013

Thank you for the Idea. We can see how having the ability to set up a default email address for Statements can make it easy when sending bulk statements. If other users find this to be a useful addition to the software, please Vote and comment on the Idea. Regards, Suja MYOB Support

18 Comments
Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff
Thank you for the Idea. We can see how having the ability to set up a default email address for Statements can make it easy when sending bulk statements. If other users find this to be a useful addition to the software, please Vote and comment on the Idea. Regards, Suja MYOB Support
CJ-RFF
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi,

Just in terms of the Customers emails.  I know that you can select the relevant address but when you are sending out statements at the end of the month, this would mean having to select each account individually and then select the correct email address from the dropdown list.  Not really a practical solution when you have a lot of customers.  Especially as the system allows you to tick a range of customers to send statements to in one batch.

We have a few retail store chains on our books that have a central accounts processing department.  Seems a waste that the main email address is the accounts who we deal with once a month, and we have to search / select the email address for the people we deal with on a daily/weekly basis.

If its possible to have a default address for the remittances in accounts payable, surely its possible to have a default address for the statements in accounts receivable?

Thanks

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @CJ-RFF

Thank you for your comments and feedback. I've just moved your comments onto this idea as it is more in line with the Statements emailing.

Tanya_Spence
Experienced Cover User
48 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have just voted on this idea as I am finding more and more there are issues with my clients getting paid when their clients use shoeboxed, invitbox etc as the statements also go to the same address as the invoices which is not practical and so the statements are not going to the appropriate person as a reminder unless it is remembered to change it as as previously stated by others this is not practical.  I think a dedicated email address for invoices, one for statements and perhaps one for quotes would be most helpful.

Amanda_Linton
Experienced Partner
38 Posts
Experienced Partner

I've recently had a discussion with a client asking if by default can invoices be set to be emailed from a different email address to a statement.  At present whilst it can be done you are required to manually pick from a list to change the email address, assuming there are multiple email addresses setup in a supplier card.

With more reliance on OCR and automated data services perhaps this is worth considering.  The client query has been raised off the back of comments from one of their customers who utilises OCR software, that regardless of whether they receive an invoice or a statement, that their system treats all transactions as invoices.  Becuase of this they can only receive invoices to one email address and statements are required to be emailed to another.

Furneysaccounts
Experienced Cover User
66 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have some customers with different email addresses for invoices and statements, I would like to be able to set up these as default emails if possible.

I also have some customers who get invoices and/or statements sent to more than one recipient and would like to be able to have this set up with the emails as a default.

Tracy12
Contributing Cover User
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User
I see this is from 2013. Has this suggestion been added somewhere and I cant find it? The ability to set a default email address for invoices and statements should be available. I send 100's of statements and going through and remembering who wants what to go where is impossible!
Tracy12
Contributing Cover User
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I see this is from 2013. Has this suggestion been added somewhere and I cant find it? The ability to set a default email address for invoices and statements should be available. I send 100's of statements and going through and remembering who wants what to go where is impossible!

ProLas
7 Posts
Cover User

It's only been 7 years, I’m hoping they will be able to discuss my request in the next 3 to 5 years & if we are lucky enough maybe implementation in the next decade or two. I’m crossing my fingers but not holding my breath.

Shuuzzy
1 Post
User

Can MYOB please make it possible to send invoices to one email address and statements to another email.

Many businesses request this and it's currently not possible.