Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Online Payments: Credit Card Surcharge

Cover User

14Posts

482Kudos

0Solutions

14 Posts
Cover User
Australia

I have looked through posts dating back to 2012 and beyond where people have been requesting the ability to have MYOB automatically calculate and (where applicable) add a surcharge for Credit Card payments.

I have the PayDirect device and need to re-issue an invoice to manually add an extra line for a surcharge to the invoice while the customer is with me.

Now that PayDirect Online has been released, a customer has the ability to pay an invoice with their credit card at their leisure, but I end up being charged for it without the customer even being aware. I have phoned customer service and was informed that there is currently no way of automatically adding the surcharge and the system doesn't do it. I am currenlty on the screen to setup PayDirect Online so have not tested it myself. The advice of customer service was to increase my fees to cover the surcharge. Not really fair on people who are not paying by card.

Personally, I would have thought this is something that should have been written into the software prior to releasing the Online component, or should be an option included in the online section that adds the surcharge to the final total prior to the customer paying.

"Credit Card Surcharge"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: January 2021

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support for this idea through the years.

Following on from our early adopter's program, with the release of AccountRight 2020.4 we have introduced the ability for users to pass on credit card surcharge for online invoice payments. Customer surcharging for online payments has more information on this topic and getting started with that.

Once again, thank you for your support and your patience for this long-awaited feature.

232 Comments
DesignerPave
4 Posts
Cover User

Totally agree!  As a small business the credit card surcharges add up.  I won't be using PayDirect until this is an automatic action calculated when a customer chooses to pay by credit card!

Tim1
2 Posts
Cover User

2012 since this thread opened. Not sure any market research needs to be done. Its just common place that a credit card fee i passed on. 

Come on MYOB up your game

Flow
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Surely the end user should be the one who decideds if passing the credit card surcharge onto their customers is wortwhile or not - we don't ask MYOB for business advise we just need functionality in the software.

Cereate an option in settings or even better a check box on the invoice screen that allows the end user to turn on and off the credit card surcharge function. They then have the freedom to pass on the surcharge or absorb it. 

BB1956
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Totally agree will mke life so much easier.

PeachOz
3 Posts
Cover User

Yes! It’s just ridiculous that this is not a feature. I do not offer credit card payments (the new PayOnline thing) because as a small business I can’t absorb those fees. 

Katrina_Hamann
Experienced Partner
22 Posts
Experienced Partner

I agree I have frustrated clients because of this fact.  yet another area MYOB needs to lift their game

JenatJohnDawes
Contributing Cover User
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I have just spoken to pay direct and mentioned the surcharge issue.  That us  MYOB clients want the surcharge on after the invoice amount such as the RTA do, so that our "payer customer" pays the surcharge not the MYOB customer.  I was informed that we would need to email paydirect@myob.com and that there did not seem to be many customers that wanted this option.  The more people that email in the better.

Suzi_Byrom
Contributing Cover User
50 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Thank you @JenatJohnDawes , I've just sent my email and respectfully requested that they visit this MYOB Community Forum – AccountRight Idea Exchange and read the many comments dating all the way back to 2012 regarding this very topic and the frustration of essentially not having what should be a simple tick box option is causing us, their clients.

I also attached a snap shot of the last response posted from MYOB back in March 2017 … which I was absolutely disgusted by, how dare they try to dictate to us how we choose to run our businesses, when MYOB is more than happy to pass on a Credit Card Surcharge Fee to their clients.

Wondering too just how long their research is taking to complete as they have not yet provided any update on this idea/topic?

CartonConcepts
14 Posts
Cover User

So - looking back, it has now been TWO YEARS since this was first posted and the payment option was included, yet it is still only under consideration? Not good enough MYOB. The fees have once again been increased for the monthly subscription yet you are still not able to deliver what we want. Sorry, but I'm looking at jumping ship and considering other software packages.

Suzi_Byrom
Contributing Cover User
50 Posts
Contributing Cover User

@CartonConcepts you're right - it's not good enough. I followed @JenatJohnDawes suggestion and sent the PayDirect Team an email and attached below is their reply ... again simply not good enough! So I sent them them another email sharing my thoughts and Cc'd in our accountant who will also be sure to add it to his list of disatisfactions seeing as they apparently are seeking feedback on their product from accounting firms.

MYOB - Ideas Exchange PayDirect Reply 20180524.jpg