Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

PDF: Data selection

Cover User

5Posts

81Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Why would MYOB change being able to select/copy and paste text on a myob generated PDF??? We need this function for clients receiving invoices, order confirmations, quotes etc. I have received many phone calls and emails advising text can not be selected on our myob generated PDF's causing grief for our customers as many use this to copy and paste text to another document. NOT a well though out outcome at all. Only option we have is to print to a virtual pdf printer and attach the file to an email. One click to now about 100 once I've deleted the unnecessary pdf printed to my desktop and typed out the message myob generates automatically when sent within the program. Fix this problem please Mr Programer.... Not good enough, and while your at it speed up 'live' it lags far to much.

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2017

Hi Everyone

PDFs generated from AccountRight 2017.1 using the Send to Disk or Email function will allow data to be selected from a PDF document. For example, below is a screenshot of an invoice created by AccountRight 2017.1 showing that data can be selected and thus copied if required.

Attachment.PNG

Please note that results may differ based on PDF reader used.

2 Comments
Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for the idea @Horizon2. I understand this functionality has changed since our classic v19. If other users would like the ability to copy and paste text from the pdf file, please show your support and add a vote.
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

PDFs generated from AccountRight 2017.1 using the Send to Disk or Email function will allow data to be selected from a PDF document. For example, below is a screenshot of an invoice created by AccountRight 2017.1 showing that data can be selected and thus copied if required.

Attachment.PNG

Please note that results may differ based on PDF reader used.