Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Pay Superannuation: Notification of funds being processed

Ultimate Partner

1,949Posts

708Kudos

234Solutions

1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia

When clients pay their superannuation through the "Pay Super Function" currently there is NO notification that the transactions have been processed.   There should be function where a notification pops up?   Perhaps an email to their my.myob email address to advise the payment is being processed?  Or maybe a txt message to their mobile?

Three clients have called me in a panic because they are not sure if the Pay Super processed their transactions.  At the moment all I can tell them is to check their bank account they following day.

Regards

BooksInTheClouds

"Pay Super -  Notification of Transations being Processed"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: December 2014

Thank you for that clarification @CloudMindAcc.  Anyone else who would like to be notified with a pop-up notification, sms or email when a pay super payment is processed, please cast your vote here.

For the benefit of other users viewing this thread, AccountRight will currently notify you when a payment is processed using the status field on the manage payments window.  It will list 'processing payment' when the funds have been withdrawn, and 'completed. when paid to the fund.

6 Comments
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for the suggestion @CloudMindAcc The status of the payment in the manage payments window will indicate when the status of the payment. It will list 'processing payment' when the funds have been withdrawn, and 'completed. when paid to the fund.

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi  Liam_M

I understand this function however the average new user to this pay super function doesn't  quite understand this concept.

When the user enters there SMS code to authorise the payment,  the payment screen still appears on the screen with the "record" option greyed out.  The only option to exit the screen is a "cancel" button. The client then thinks they are cancelling the payment which confuses them. 

Hence my suggestion of an email to their email address with notification the payment has been authorised or even a pop up notification within the MYOB file.

Hope this gives further clarification.

Thanks

Renae

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for that clarification @CloudMindAcc.  Anyone else who would like to be notified with a pop-up notification, sms or email when a pay super payment is processed, please cast your vote here.

For the benefit of other users viewing this thread, AccountRight will currently notify you when a payment is processed using the status field on the manage payments window.  It will list 'processing payment' when the funds have been withdrawn, and 'completed. when paid to the fund.

KSpicer
4 Posts
Cover User

Hi Liam,

I agree with Renae, we need to see some sort of recognition that the payment has progressed and processed.  The cancel button is the only option, which causes confusion.   A pop up saying your transaction has processed or is complete would make things alot clearer.

Thanks,

Kaylene

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

HI @KSpicer 

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the PaySuper process. In addition to commenting if you would like to show your support for an idea on the AccountRight Idea Exchange you can vote for this idea via + next to the Idea's name.

Suzi_Byrom
Contributing Cover User
50 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I'd like to add that some sort of notification should be given advising if one or more super payments from within a batch are NOT processed. A few months back we had a situation where one of our employees super payments had been returned WITHOUT NOTICE from either their Super Fund or MYOB notifying us.

Last November 2022, a random Direct Credit was received, as I said without notification or supporting documentation, so we had no idea what it was for but naturally assumed it was payment for an Invoice. With no reference to an Invoice Number or anything other than "PAYCLEAR SERVICE" all we could do was hold it as "undeposited" in the hope that a remittance advice would follow or some other means of identifying would be found.

It wasn't till some time later when trying to reconcile for BAS, that a google search for "PAYCLEAR SERVICE" lead me to a MYOB Community thread, that then prompted me to recall a conversation with our employee that he'd received a notification from his Super Fund regarding changes to his Super Fund ... Mind you, he'd received it a couple of weeks after I'd made that particular payment.

Thanks to his Super Statement summary we were able to identify and confirm that the Direct Credit we received back on the 28/11/2022 was in relation to a Super Payment (batch) that we made earlier in October.