Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Lists: Payment Method to be allocated to a specific bank account

Cover User

1Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia
New
New

In the older MYOB versions the Payment Methods were able to be allocated to different accounts. In this new version the account allocated to payment is system wide.

I enter many invoices and payments in a day and I am paid via cheque (cash in hand) and cash (cash in hand) which needs to be allocated to Undeposited funds and Direct deposits which need to be allocateddirectly to the bank account.

This not being a function of the payments makes it so much more ineffcient than it use to be and makes it very clunky to use.  If this function could be recreated and each Payment method could be allocated to their own accounts it would be great!

Also, previously the '-' in the BSB did not need to be entered and MYOB automatically inserted it.  Now it must be typed in and the system has a melt down if it isn't entered.  This seems like the software is not impoving our efficiency but slowing it down.  I enter many cheques and using the software for over 10 years now, I have become use to not having to enter it.

Thanks

"Payment Method to be allocated to a specific bank account"

4 Comments
KirstenV
4 Posts
Cover User

Just some feed back for future releases.....

would be really handy if you could link the payment type eg eftpos/cash/Chq to a bank account. For examply have the eftpos payment type linked to the business chq account. 

SimonM1981
Experienced Cover User
51 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Would love to see this to.  Especially now that we have a mix of "Paypal" "Direct Deposit" to our Bank Account", "Cash" ,and Eftpos.  Because Paypal and Cheque account is run a 2 seperate accounts that we reconcile it would make it so much faster is we could link the payment method to account....SURELY there are many out there frustrated with this as you have to go back into each transaction to either recieve the payment or change the account on the payment that it was allocated to.  Wastes a lot of our time each day.

Can it be done soon?

Simon

SimonM1981
Experienced Cover User
51 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Any movement on this idea for the next update?

SimonM1981
Experienced Cover User
51 Posts
Experienced Cover User

PLEASE can this be looked at.  Now with our online sales increasing we have 50% of payments to our cheque account and 50% to our Paypal account.  PLEASE have an option to link a Paypal method to the account.  Any one else?