Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Automatic allocation of jobs for superannuation

Experienced Partner

77Posts

249Kudos

1Solutions

77 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia

Hi everyone,

I would love to have the job allocations as per the wages automatically allocated against superannuation in the same proportions rather than superannuation having to be manually worked out and entered by job.

This would make the entire job allocation & payroll process significantly quicker & easier and make job costings more accurate.

Thank you

Debra Anderson

"Job allocations for superannuation"

Legally BAS

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: December 2013

Thank you for the post, Debra. It would be great to have the system allocate jobs for the super amount, based on the jobs allocation for wages. I've voted on the idea. Hope to see others who would like this to also vote.

13 Comments
NHarvey
3 Posts
User
Hi Debra, I would like to know the outcome of this too!
DebraAnderson
Experienced Partner
77 Posts
Experienced Partner

Please vote for it! Smiley Happy

kalra
3 Posts
User

We use multiple jobs in payroll.  To get around having to manually work out the hours in the wage catagory I use the timesheets to enter the hours against each job.  this works fine.  I still have to manually work out the super for each job though and is time consuming and annoying in that I use a computerised system to take all the manual work out of payroll. 

My idea is that instead of ticking beside each job line when you arrow down for select job you would put the number of hours and MYOB would work out the total based on the hoursly wage in the card file.  It would be even better if the super automatically divided the amount according to the hours in the wages.  I can understand that this would only work if there was only one wage catagory selected but having to manually work out 1 pay sometimes against 23 every fortnight with some people doing 4 or 5 different jobs would save so much time

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

I am assuming this can not be done AR2013 either - if so can it be addressed please - I know there will not be any further developments to v19 etc.

It would be such a time saver. Please please bring this in! 

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff
Thank you for the post, Debra. It would be great to have the system allocate jobs for the super amount, based on the jobs allocation for wages. I've voted on the idea. Hope to see others who would like this to also vote.
kalra
3 Posts
User

we need more people to vote for this idea so that they will fix it.  anyone you know who uses payroll in myob needs to vote for this.

Concord
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User

In our Payroll, I have to break down hours to Job Codes.

(eg)  40 hours (say $1,000) may be split between 3 different jobs.

The total super is calculated to $95.

I then have to manually enter the split of super between the 3 jobs.  Wouldn't it be great if MYOB did that for me ??

"Allocation of Super to Job Codes"

Ashleigh
4 Posts
Cover User

Hello Myob, 

can I please have an update on what is happening with this suggestion please? 

Thanks

Taeyla

Norine
Experienced Cover User
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi all

Yes, Please fix this issue of Job allocation. It seems crazy to have to calculate this all manually, other programs can do it.

Also is there any reason why you would not be able to actually add or change Job# allocation to the Pay later as it does not effect the Pay calculations itself only allocation to Jobs?

Yes you can do a correction to Job #s by General Journal but his does not link it to the employee therefore making reporting inaccurate.

Tried doing an adjusting pay but MYOB will not allocate to Job #s when pay is $0

Cheers

wbbook
1 Post
User

Can you set up option to add superannuation charges also allocate to obs base on orinary hours for each job otherwise it doesnt help to calcualte correct job costing for employee costs allocation when we have more than one jobs for an employee.