Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Period start and end dates

Cover User

2Posts

151Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User

I would like a feature to set up the payroll period eg. Pay week is Monday to Sunday, payday Tuesday etc. 

when the pay roll is run on Tuesday the dates for the payroll start and end dates would default to the previous monday  and sunday, or what ever the user has set as being the start/end dates for the payweek.

"Payroll period start and end date"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: August 2013

Thank you for your idea. How many other people would like to see this change made. Please vote for this idea and add a comment if you have more to add.

38 Comments
BA
Trusted Cover User
38 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Whilst the Payroll setup asks for the start day of the week the Process Pays Wizard uses the current system date less seven days. Hence, if a payday is the day after the close of the pay period the wrong dates are suggested.

Can a fix be applied please?

LBI
2 Posts
Cover User

We regurlarly have employees who submit changes / new timesheets for previous weeks. To be included in the current payrun, the payroll period needs to be adjusted backwards. with multiple people entering timesheets, this becomes impossible, so the pay period always starts on the first day of the payroll year - I would rather see that as the default.

denisechev
Trusted Cover User
43 Posts
Trusted Cover User

excellent idea which would save time and prevent errors

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff
Thank you for your idea. How many other people would like to see this change made. Please vote for this idea and add a comment if you have more to add.
ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

Agreed - great idea

KerrySign
2 Posts
Cover User

I would like to have an option of preset week endings for wages other than the day on which I am processing the actual wages.

I process wages on Wednesday but our pay week ends on Tuesday. This means that every week I have to change the date on the period over which I am calculating wages.

If we could preset the format to have the wages finish on a particular day of the week, then it would alleviate the need to alter the date each week, as it would automatically set the date for the ending day of the week.

Thank you.

PHalls
Partner
254 Posts
Partner

Is there a way to have this field default to the current period being paid? I am manually changing it for each employee, but it would be a lot easier if I could set a default option

Geoff_
Ultimate Partner
1,721 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Just a thought.

I suppose you could always copy and paste the required data.

How many employees do you have?

Scallop
8 Posts
Cover User

This would be a great time saver for me also !

Aaronp
Trusted Partner
96 Posts
Trusted Partner

YES! if it automatically defaulted to the NEXT UNPROCESSED PAY PERIOD, it would stop me having to look it up in transaction journal every time and eliminate the possibility of errors.