Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Cards: Prefill Postcodes/Suburbs

Experienced Partner

38Posts

170Kudos

0Solutions

38 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia

I have had a suggestion from a client about when you enter either a suburb field, or a postcode field that the opposing field comes up with automatic suggestions as to pre-fill.

For example:

If I were to enter a suburb field as Adelaide, that MYOB suggests that the postcode for that suburb is 5000 and the state is South Australia

Would shorten data entry time when creating new card files.

"Prefill Postcodes/Suburbs"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: January 2023

Hi Everyone

The AccountRight Browser interface allows users to select an address for a customer or supplier contact record from the suggested picker (which will include the suburb and postcode) or manually added if not found.

19 Comments
SUERYAN67
3 Posts
Cover User

Hi Guys,

We have been using MYOB since Premier 1 version came out.

Just wondering is there any way when entering new cards - when typing in the Suburb - we can get a drop down screen come up with the postcodes for that suburb - then press correct postcode & it will automatically load State and correct post code.

This would save amount of time looking up postcodes etc.

We use alot of transport companies who have had this function in place for many years & it saves an enourmous amount of time & as it is correct information from Aust Post - when posting invoices means there would be no chance of errors in postcode data entering.

Guessing it would just mean uploading the Aust Post data codes into your programme and set so we can automatically choose.

Thoughts?

SharonSL
Trusted Cover User
179 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Hi,

It seems MYOB is behind when it comes to postcodes in the card file. I'm impressed with the new update and being able to track the activity on our invoices now but surely they could upgrade the suburb/postcodes? Many systems have the functionality of being able to type in a suburb and have the relevant postcode prepopulate into the postcode field. As the list is published by Australia Post I imagine it shouldn't be too difficult to implement this type of feature. 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - this would save all of us a lot of time looking up postcodes manually when entering new details into the card file.

Regards,

Sharon

SharonSL
Trusted Cover User
179 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Good morning,

Another upgrade which is quite pretty, but still no automatice postcodes!!  PLEASE MYOB, please introduce this extremely needed feature! 

Also, with the ability to email all invoices and even track them now, could the 'Print Receipt' feature be ugraded to include an 'Email Receipt' option? 

Thanks

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @SharonSL and @SUERYAN67,

Thanks for your suggestions. This does sound like a fantastic feature to implement into the software, and one that I'm sure would benefit a lot of our clients. If we do hear any updates from the development team regarding this, we'll be sure to keep you informed.

On a side note, @SUERYAN67, I don't believe you've voted for this idea yet - could you please do so by clicking on the thumbs up icon? Additionally, anyone else who would like to see this in a future release of AccountRight, please do cast your vote as well.

Cheers,

Tallie

MYOB Social Support

SharonSL
Trusted Cover User
179 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Hi Tallie,

Thanks for your response. I just discovered the ability to customise the card file eg. bring address, city and Phone 2 into the screen.  Being able to search by these fields is great!  Now we just need those automatic postcodes!!

Cheers,

Sharon

SKD
7 Posts
Cover User

Hi,

Yes the a postcode feature would be a great idea and I would think easy to implement as so many other software packages come standard with it.  Many be an issue for international software.

I would also like to add to this by asking, if I have not missed it, can we default to "Australia" as the country.

Regards,

Stephen

JenatJohnDawes
Contributing Cover User
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I agree. should be a simple fix for MYOB to add a postcode data base.

TSGTanya
Trusted Cover User
253 Posts
Trusted Cover User

I totally agree. Most online services can now facilitate this type of automated feature. About time MYOB updated this area. Full address details should come up when a company name is entered and for individual at least the address options come up as a list below as you start to type it in. Look forward to seeing this implimented soon.

TSGTanya
Trusted Cover User
253 Posts
Trusted Cover User

When are they going to do this! OMG it is so arcaic as is. Autofill Suburbs and postcodes please!

SharonSL
Trusted Cover User
179 Posts
Trusted Cover User

New update but still no auto postcodes :-(