Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales/Purchases: Sort/change the order of transactional lines

Cover User

3Posts

44Kudos

0Solutions

3 Posts
Cover User

I would like to be able to sort the items in an invoice (or purchase order) according to item code (or any other field for that matter). This necessary when there are many items in one invoice (or purchase order).

"Item Sorting"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: January 2014

Thank you for your suggestion to have more sorting options inside of your Invoices, we can look into the options for adding this in a future update. Its great to see some votes already from those who would like to see this added in, please remember to add your votes if you'd also like to see this added.

42 Comments
Global
Experienced Cover User
43 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes please!!

This would be  handy when entering a lot of items - books, on an invoice or item purchase order. I raised this back in 2013 and before but to no avail!

Given when we pick stock, they are not in alphabetical order, it would be very beneficial for the receiver to sort and check off the invoice or purchase order if it is in alphabetical order. Item sorting alphabetical by item name is already available in the ITEM list now in AccountRight 2016. I can not see why or how it is difficult to get this function on item invoices.

Other suppliers we use have this now (not from MYOB but on own database) and we find it a lot easier to check off 50 individual items on the invoice.

GaryStella
6 Posts
Cover User

We are having a very similar problem, we need the WIP button back so that we can add activities to an invoice and also group differentjob on the invoice in a way that makes it clear to the client.

WEndyl
1 Post
Cover User

Is this feature added up yet?

If it does, how we can do it?

Tilla
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hello all, I'm new to the Forum and glad to see that there is a place where questions can be asked and a lot of answers can be found!  I am very much in favour of being able to sort invoices and purchase orders alphabetically according to items/description - it would certainly make my life heaps easier!

Kunaal21
2 Posts
Cover User

Hi

We are really looking into this option. This (being able to enter items in an invoice in any order, and have MYOB sort it according to Item Number) would make our lives so much easier and reduce the amount of time required to process and check the orders.

We really need this and I see that this suggestion was made in March 2013. It is going to be almost 5 years in 3 months from now. Is MYOB really looking into this feature being made available? Please do something.

Await your reply.

SimonM1981
Experienced Cover User
51 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Would really like this option to be available as some of our suppliers request it and we manually have to change all the orders....pain in the neck.

Simon

Vandi
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

My Time Billing invoice becomes so much harder to read and reconcile when its not sorted. 

Need sorting urgently - even the customers are complaining.

doublet
Trusted Cover User
122 Posts
Trusted Cover User

chiming in on this one. The ability to sort rows of invoices and bills or orders (in or out) would be terrific! Particularly on Item Number but could be handy on other fields too. Sad to see it has been a requested feature for 7 years..... when will you get to this one please?

Ta

Teresa

SimonM1981
Experienced Cover User
51 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Any response on this one yet MYOB ?  It would be such a simple thing to fix and save both suppliers and ourselves hours.

This has been waiting since 2014........we are now 2020.  

Thanks

Simon

JanetteK
Contributing Partner
13 Posts
Contributing Partner

Something that appears so simple, given you can sort in other screens, seems to be taking so long to implement.......