Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Print multiple forms as one print job

Ultimate Partner

5,839Posts

1,080Kudos

755Solutions

5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand

I used to be able to select a dozen invoices, print them to SnagIt, and get one file with 12 pages. Now I get 12 files of 1 page that have to be saved individually. Vote for this!

"Print multiple forms as one print job"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: January 2014

A big thanks to Stuckster for posting a workaround that people can use in the meantime while we're working on this. We're certainly happy to look into making this this change in a future update, its great to see so many votes and comments on this, anyone who hasn't already and wants to see this changed please do keep voting.

73 Comments
BenHick
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It makes it a slow process when you need to actually print a few hundred invoices also. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Mark_Smith
26 Posts
Former Staff
let's explore this some more.... (see below)
Mark_Smith
26 Posts
Former Staff

So the workflow now is:

1. Sales command centre
  2.  Print/Email Invoices
  3.  select invoices
  4.  press print

The print dialog comes up. you select a printer? Snag It each time?

What you want is:

1. Sales Command Centre
  2. Print/email invoices
  3. Select Invoices

You want a way that you either decide to print them off one by one OR to be able to preview them all in one big view before you print them? so maybe have a 'preview all selected ' button that will take you to a preview of the invoices in one long view. You can review them, then press print from the preview? Shoud it allow you to export to PDF or word or something as per current reports?

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi Mark, this is a Print/Email process, so printing could be to printer or file, when pdf is the most likely choice.

I like the idea of a Preview; if the Preview then printed as one print job that would be great. Also output choices to printer or pdf.

I don't print to SnagIt all the time, but I'm used to doing that as the 'Send to PDF' options in v19 and earlier weren't very good quality.

Keryn-Lee
3 Posts
Cover User

Is there any way we can return to the older version where various invoices/statement can be sent as one PDF file?  I have a client who sends individual invoices to a branch and then at the end of the month has to send these to Head Office.  It was an option before "tick the box for one invoice" or "tick a selection" for one PDF file - that is now not a choice as each invoice/statement is saved individually & has to be named accordingly. 

Julie_B
Trusted User
230 Posts
Trusted User

I used to print to a PDF file to clear old doc's that hadn't been printed and weren't going to need printing so this is similar - used to print to PDF and then delete the PDF or name and file it.  To clear these I now turn off my printer and then when they are finally in the cue I delete them. Some clients can have hundreds of files ready for printing so this is time consuming - printing to one PDF file used to be almost instant.

mezza0357
3 Posts
Cover User

As I require to be able to print multiple invoices or statements at any one time, printing them off one by one or choose from a list would be a prefered option, this way it would give more flexability with the print jobs.

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Could you please advise the status of this request? Does it require further input from users? 

Julie_B
Trusted User
230 Posts
Trusted User

Hi Mike_James - someone else has just asked this question so I have linked this post to it - hopefully the tech's will look at it - I always found it useful as a customer audit / clearing out point of view.

I think it would be great if at the point of printing through the print invoices (or remittances, etc), we could tick multples then when pushing print be able to choose ... Do you want to print these to one (PDF) file or separately?

What do you think?

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Definitely would make it easier - any time you have multiple documents to print a 'combine to 1 job' option would be perfect.

I'm waiting to hear from MYOB on whether this requires any further clarification.