Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Purchases: Pay Bills - Sort purchase to be oldest first

Trusted Cover User

23Posts

84Kudos

3Solutions

23 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia

In Pay Bills, the "open" invoices are shown with the most recent at the top of the list.  Very annoying when you want to apply a payment to the oldest invoices first!  (In Receive Payments, the order is as it oughta be.. oldest first). Once the item is closed, it reverts to oldest first in the list.

"Order of invoices in Pay Bills should be oldest first"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: August 2017

Hi Everyone

With AccountRight 2017 the Pay Bills window will sort the purchases in date order. 

Attachment.PNG

If you would like a different sort, you are welcome to click on the column headers to change the sorting for that window.

4 Comments
Dan_Moulton
40 Posts
Former Staff
Thanks for the feedback. This sounds like a defect which we will need to fix up. In the meantime please note that the columns in these screens are sortable and you can also turn on a preference to Apply to oldest Invoice/Bill first which can be very helpful.
sumur
1 Post
User

I agree, the oldest invoice has to be shown first when in 'pay bills', I use 4 different versions of Myob in my travels to clients premises and Account Right Standard 2011, is the only one which doesnt display the oldest bill first!

Julie_B
Trusted User
230 Posts
Trusted User

This still seems to be a problem in 2012.9 - I'm in Receive Payments and it' defaulting by oldest INVOICE NO. not oldest DATE ORDER. Hate to say it but sometimes I have to manually write out invoices on the spot, and have two invoice books I use. Do we know how far away this is from being implemented? I'm having to make sure I click on the date every time I go into receive payments ... yet another mouse click GRRRRR Woman Frustrated

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

With AccountRight 2017 the Pay Bills window will sort the purchases in date order. 

Attachment.PNG

If you would like a different sort, you are welcome to click on the column headers to change the sorting for that window.