Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Receive Payments: Search for Invoice Number

22Posts

52Kudos

0Solutions

22 Posts
Partner
Australia

Hi, I dont know about anyone else, but I find that more and more payments are being made by EFT and identified by the invoice number. It would be a real time saver if we could have a choice of entering an invoice number or customer name when receipting invoices. Currently you need to leave the window and go to find transactions to identify the customer by searching via the invoice number.

Cheers

Eileen F

Adelaide SA

"Identify Invoice # within Receive Payment"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: November 2017

Hi Everyone

I'm excited to announce that with the release of AccountRight 2017.2 the option of Advanced Search has been added to the Customer List in Recieve Payments. This will allow the user to search for the invoice number, customer or total of the invoice to make payment on it.  

Attachment2.PNG

You can find out more information about this and other changes, including information on obtaining AccountRight 2017.2 from AccountRight 2017.2 now available.

18 Comments
Dan_Moulton
40 Posts
Former Staff
Hi Eileen, thanks for the feedback. We are currently working on some exciting bank feed functionality which could be applicable to this scenario. If I understand correctly, your customers are entering the invoice number as a reference when making their payments via electronic banking? What if we could automatically match those payments to invoices based off the invoice number - would that solve the issue? Do customers use other means of identifying their payments e.g. Customer ID number? I'd love to hear more about this idea from anyone.
lyndor
Experienced Cover User
39 Posts
Experienced Cover User

yes yes yes! constantly having to close out of receive payments to go to find transactions (wait, wait) then type in invoice number (wait again) to see who the payment belongs to.  Unfortunately having a lot of small business run by men sending remittances is not high on their list of priorities

Dan_Moulton
40 Posts
Former Staff

If someone doesn't enter the invoice number as a reference, how do you usually figure out what the deposit was for? Can you tell by the other information on the description in online banking?

Albare
Trusted Cover User
171 Posts
Trusted Cover User

A couples of scenarios in our case.

If a company is paying several invoices in a single end of month payment they usually email/fax a remittance advice.  It can be just a brief form with the total amount remitted and no other details.

Some send a remittance advice with full itemisation of their payement.

The smaller clients usually make a remittance with no formal seperate notification and so our bank's online statement might show the clients business name in the details of the payment, which if you're lucky is the same as the business name listed in our MYOB card file/invoice.

We try and ask our customers to include their customer ID (we use MYOB Card ID in our case) in the reference part of their eft, some comply some don't.

Bettaview
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

When entering customer payments from our bank statement, the invoice number is most commonly

used as the description of transfer (not the customers' name).  There is no way to look up the invoice

number when in the Receive Payments window - I keep having to close the window and look up the

number in order to allocate the payment to the correct customer card.  An invoice number search

field would be handy.

Mandy

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello Mandy,

You do not need to close the receive payments window to look up the invoice number.

Right click on the screen and click on Find Transaction. Then enter the invoice # to find out who it was from. From the screen you can then open the invoice and apply the payment direct from there using the Payment button at the bottom of the invoice screen.

When you have done the payment close the invoice and you are back at the Find Transaction screen and you can then enter the next invoice number to find that one.

If you wish to you can have both the Receive Payments and the Find Transaction screens open at the same time and use the CTL and TAB keys at the same time to scroll through the open windows to do what you want.

Hope that helps

Cheers

David

janes
Partner
8 Posts
Partner

When you enter a Receive Payment for an invoice would be great if you could either find by card or by invoice number. Often it is only the invoice number that you have on the statement, so you have to go to find transactions to find the card the invoice is raised in. Would be great if you could choose either card or invoice number.

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Hi @Matthew_W 

The ability to search by invoice numbers is a must have option in bank feeds.

At the moment you cannot search by invoice number and so the whole advantage of using bank feeds is totally lost.

Thanks,

Alan

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @AlanT 

Thank you for your feedback and your vote in regards to the ability to search by invoice numbers in the AccountRight Live program, I have shared your feedback with the team.

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Thanks @Steven_M 

I have also posted this other item in the hope of getting some more ideas about how to work around this problem, but there have not been any solution suggested to date.

http://community.myob.com/t5/The-Flawsome-Lounge/Matching-Paid-Invoices-in-bank-feeds/td-p/335164

Regards,

Alan