Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Recurring Transactions: Alert all/multiple users

MYOB Staff

15Posts

23Kudos

1Solutions

15 Posts
MYOB Staff
Australia

Presently, Reminder alerts are linked to a specific user ID - if that user is no in, the dates can pass without invoices being sent.

Apart from having the option to reminder a specific user, it would be good to have it remind 'every' user so reminders are not missed

"Reminder Alerts -  Alert everyone"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: December 2013

Thanks for the idea xAndy. Having a system wide preference or the ability to notify multiple users of reminders is certainly a feature we could look at adding in a later release. We would like to gauge some demand for this. Please add a vote and any further suggestions.

11 Comments
Ken-P
1 Post
Cover User

System wide reminders would be very helpful where the bookeeping process is maintained by people job sharing - and employers must facilitate this if they can.

Two (or more) people may be responsible for the accounts - and as they do 2 to 4 days a week its not possible to give them a shared identity to receive reminders that they only use on their days in.  if the days overlap (as in my case) I need separate identities for both people - but they the dated reminders dont show on the date for the person doing the work that day.

GDK
Super Partner
680 Posts
Super Partner

This is good idea so the manager of the accounts person/bookkeeper can be notified as well.

AccessAlarms
2 Posts
Cover User

Hey Guys,

Be great if we could specify multiple people or a group of people to be notified for reoccurring transactions on the due dates. i.e. Accounts. Operations. All etc. Rather then just a single individual (P.S I know I put the first post in the wrong place Smiley Happy)

GDK
Super Partner
680 Posts
Super Partner

One way is to implement this is user groups which could be also be used to control the security of various options

Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for the idea xAndy. Having a system wide preference or the ability to notify multiple users of reminders is certainly a feature we could look at adding in a later release. We would like to gauge some demand for this. Please add a vote and any further suggestions.
SLBowden
Partner
76 Posts
Partner

totally agree, was just searching on how to notify ALL users or specific users.

I job share and if my off week the other lady processes the entry then when I am back in it gets duplicated.

Causing lots of frustration

SO 5 years later and I still can't notify multiple users?????

@xAndy wrote:

Presently, Reminder alerts are linked to a specific user ID - if that user is no in, the dates can pass without invoices being sent.

Apart from having the option to reminder a specific user, it would be good to have it remind 'every' user so reminders are not missed

"Reminder Alerts -  Alert everyone"

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

Other products have this already. Would be great for when staff are on leave, either planned or unplanned.

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @H-TS,

Thank you for your post. In this regard, when you set up recurring transactions, you can choose to be reminded on or before, the scheduled date of the recurring transactions. If you use this option and you are the user specified in the alert options. The Reminder List window appears when you open your company file when a recurring transaction is due or overdue.  

Regarding the reminders for when the staff are on leave, this feature is still not available on MYOB products. We encourage you to post on our Product Ideas board to share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team. Your ideas and feedback are appreciated.  

If you still have other questions or concerns, please contact us again or create a new post. Rest assured that one of our Community Forum moderators will be happy to assist you. 

Kind Regards, 

Cel

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

@Celia_B Thanks for the reply and for suggesting I post on the Product Ideas Board but that's where the original post is that I commented on.

My comment was that other products already allow you to notify all/multiple users instead of just one. I already use the feature, and it's useful, but it would be MORE useful if the OP's suggestion was implemented.

Our semi-work-around is to look at the recurring transaction list and sort by due date to see if anything needs to be done. However, this is not as effecting as all users being prompted 3 days before due date (or whatever).

If you actually meant to reply to a different post of mine about a sort-of similar thing, then my complaint there is that when I open a recurring transaction to edit the schedule, the person being reminded changes back to me instead of the person who's supposed to be reminded and I have no way of seeing who it should have been. That is a bug, not an idea. Fortunately we're not a big team.

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @H-TS ,

Thank you for getting back to us and providing an update. This case has been brought to the relevant team for review. However, when you create a recurring transaction, you will set up its schedule which includes schedule, alerts, and transaction. For more information, you can check out this Help Article: Setting up recurring transactions and Recurring transaction reminders, this has a detailed instruction and process regarding the issue. Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Let me know if  you still need assistance with this, feel free to contact us again. We are happy to assist you. 

Kind Regards, 

Cel