Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Recurring Transactions: Name - Extended Character limit (30 characters)

Ultimate Partner

1,949Posts

724Kudos

234Solutions

1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia

Can I suggest more characters be introduced into the Recurring Transaction Name as currenty MYOB AccountRight only allows 30 characters which is not enough.  When you are dealing with 100's of recurring transactions it is frustrating when you have to cut off the Company Name making it hard to search for the right transaction in the list.

i.e. The Anglican Church Caroline Springs has to be shorted to "The Anglican Church Caroline"

or:  The Anglican Parish of Bungendore has to be shorted to "The Anglican Parish of Bunden"

'Recurring Transaction Name:  Only allows for 30 Characters"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: November 2013

Thank you for your post, BooksInTheCloud. As mentioned by Ron, does saving these Recurring Transactions with a shortened card name, suit your needs? Having said that, increasing number of characters in the name field is something that our Developers may consider. Therefore I request others who would like this to please vote and add any relevant comments.

6 Comments
ronatbas
Ultimate Partner
4,553 Posts
Ultimate Partner

There is no relationship between the name of the recurring transaction and the card behind that transaction. Why not rename your transaction AC Caroline Springs to get more efficient use of your recurring transaction list.

Ron

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff
Thank you for your post, BooksInTheCloud. As mentioned by Ron, does saving these Recurring Transactions with a shortened card name, suit your needs? Having said that, increasing number of characters in the name field is something that our Developers may consider. Therefore I request others who would like this to please vote and add any relevant comments.
CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi Suja,

There is over 1500 customers with simplier names and the exact match would be much easier to find.  

Also when you are setting up 1000 recurring transactions having to manually shorten them is also time consuming.  I was until a tight timeline when I did that and now I have to go back and clean them all upSmiley Frustrated.   It will take hours. 

Thank you Smiley Happy

ronatbas
Ultimate Partner
4,553 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Can I ask if the recurring transaction is a multiple line/ multiple income accounts transaction or does it all hit the one income account

Ron

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi Ron,

It is just a single line transaction.  Thank you for your suggestion on the AC Caroline Springs I will certainly have to do this in the meantime.

Graeme2010
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I agree.  I only have around 50 or so recurring transactions and had to rename almost all of them to have the dialog make any sense.  Increasing the column width would be helpful for those not wanting to rename them all, which by the way is a hugely time consuming activity.