Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: Category Profit & Loss Statement - Multi Period

Cover User

2Posts

15Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

We use categories for our Sydney and Branch operational but MYOB does not have facility under Categories Option to produce Multispreadsheet Profit and Loss. To compare month to month I have to do manually in excell which is a pain.  Appreciate if MYOB will enhance the report.

"Multipreadsheet  Profit and Loss under Categories Option"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: August 2013

Thanks for the idea. I can see how having this report would be a time saver. We encourage other users who would like the ability to use categories on the Multi Period spreadsheet profit and loss reports to vote and add further comments.

24 Comments
Jennifer_Kelly
Super Partner
492 Posts
Super Partner

Hi,

You might like to look at one of the MYOB Add-on solutions packages to be able to do a multiperiod P&L by Category. see http://myob.com.au/addons/

Our produce BI for MYOB can do this as a a Multiperiod report filtered for one or a number of Catgories, or Jobs.  Alternatively you can Pivot with Categories Sydney/Brisbane/Total accross the columns for any date range. The software runs in a browser but the reports can simply export to excel

Full details on our website or please call and I can show you how it would work for you.

Jennifer Kelly

www.BIforMYOB.com

02 8912 4110

Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for the idea. I can see how having this report would be a time saver. We encourage other users who would like the ability to use categories on the Multi Period spreadsheet profit and loss reports to vote and add further comments.
Metalox
8 Posts
Cover User

We have a lot of categories in our business.  When I do the category profit and loss reports, it will not produce a report that breaks down the category profit and loss into monthly columns.  So I have to import each month into an excel spreadsheet, which is time consuming and frustrating.

Can MYOB please look into creating a category profit and loss multi period report?

Metalox
8 Posts
Cover User

I totally agree, I would love to see the multi period category profit and loss report introduced by MYOB.  I certainly don't want to have to use an add on, I think it should be part of the MYOB reporting system.  I have only just put that up in the "ideas" section so hopefully MYOB will look into it.

JudyPowell
4 Posts
Cover User

Is there a multi period reporting product for jobs available?

Please let me know so over doing it manually!

Thanks

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @JudyPowell 

The AccountRight programs don't have the option for the Multi period job reports. However reading @Jennifer_Kelly 's post their add on solution maybe able to achieve what you are after.

I've test the link that Jennifer has added to her post and it doesn't seem to load for myself but you are welcome to test it or get in contact with Jennifer (i'm sure she well be able to assist you or point your in the right direction) directly to discuss  the add on program that they offer to see if it meets your needs. I would send Jennifer a private message of the MYOB Community Forum.

Jennifer_Kelly
Super Partner
492 Posts
Super Partner

Hi @JudyPowell 

Just confirming yes our Add on software Business Intelligence for MYOB comes with reports that show Monthly P&L for Jobs.

These are very flexible so could show Multi Period Columns and rows as:

- one line net profit per Job 

- Mini P&L per Job or group of Jobs (using all of the Job headers to consolidate info together) 

and many more.

The Columns can be Monthly, weekly, Qarterly etc.

Not sure what link Steven is refering to.

If you go to our website www.BIforMYOB.com and go to the Try It page you will run a demo version of our software running on Clearwater.  

Under the Accounts Categroy look for Favourite Reports called:

- Job Profit by Month ( one line for each job Subtotaled by the Job Header

-Job Profit (GL Account) by Month - Mini P&L Job Subtotaling by each Job, month by month

Other variations of these dimensions and Filtered for one or a number of Jobs can easily be saved.

Sorry I can't attach examples run to excel as "Idea Exchanges" don't allow attachements.

Please call if you would like me to show you how it may help you.

kind regards

Jennifer Kelly

02 8912 4110

GEMonster
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi, I also share the same view as Metalox.  We also use categories and the P & L by Multi Period by Category will save me a lot of time.  I see there is an add on, but I should not have to pay for an add on when the data already sits inside MYOB

Emile
2,626 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @GEMonster 

Thanks for your comment. Since this is a duplicate Idea I encourage you to go to the original Idea linked above and show your support by commenting and voting there.

GEMonster
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi,   We also use categories and the P & L by Multi Period by Category (this year and last financial year) will save me a lot of time.  I see there is an add-on, but I should not have to pay for an add-on when the data already sits inside MYOB.