Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Reports: Ability to change the font size and type in body of reports

Experienced Cover User

18Posts

47Kudos

0Solutions

18 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

I have recently updated our Chart of Accounts , and would like to know how to be able to have Header Accounts print in Bold text, the way they are shown on the screen. When I print off the list, all the account codes and names are in plain text. Although the sub accounts are indented, it would be good to have the header lines in bold.

I'm sure there are other reports that would also benefit from this type of customisation.

"Changeable fonts in reports"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2013

Thanks for your feedback. Since rolling out the new report designer, we've been getting some great feedback on how we can make it better. We'll certainly review this suggestion when we plan our next update to the forms.

21 Comments
fairfieldbowls
1 Post
User

I have recently upgraded to Acct Right Business Basics, and are happy with it, but unfortuntley the Reports don't let you change the Font Sizeing, or let you change anything in the body of a Report, I am finding that the members are having trouble reading the figures, it is for a bowling club, so some of the members are quite old, are you able to fix this for us? otherwise I will have to go back to using the older version of Business Basics 1.5 as the print size is ok,

I know that you can sent the report to Excel, but it does not all fit accross the page, and you have to print another page with the part that doesn't fit looks awfull

I feel we are paying a service contract and not getting the benifit of it, if this new upgrade is not working for us

Please Help

Barbara

Fairfield Bowling Club

DeanG
Trusted User
39 Posts
Trusted User

In 2013 when running the balance sheet, the font size is much to small, There needs to be a way to increase the font size please.

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

I agree - this makes report readability so much better.  You may also be interested in the below idea re headers etc.

http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Idea-Exchange/Header-Accounts-Ease-of-use/idi-p/155606

John_W
MYOB Staff
70 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for your feedback. Since rolling out the new report designer, we've been getting some great feedback on how we can make it better. We'll certainly review this suggestion when we plan our next update to the forms.
Helen-Webley
Experienced Cover User
39 Posts
Experienced Cover User

You would expect that you would be able to change the fonts in the body of a report, not just the headings. I am having requests for this and I assumed it could be done.

Anita_Anderson
1 Post
Cover User

I agree with this as the font size is too small to be read in our factory conditions and it creates more work for us having to export the report and redo it on a spreadsheet. We need a quicker solution.

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

I would like to be able to change the font properties in the report fields.  Some reports are just too small to confortably read.

cheers

David

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @David_Cree 

Thanks for the feedback in regards to this idea.  

If you are finding some reports to hard to read, in the bottom right of the report window is a slider bar and this will increase the zoom making things bigger on the screen. While it will affect the on screen view of the report it will not affect the printed out version.

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello Steven,

thanks for the reply.

While I know the slider bar is there for the screen view, my wish relates to the font on the pronted report.

Cheers

David

Blastoise
5 Posts
Former Staff

Hi,

I would like the ability to increase the size of the text on reports. The headings can be edited but the body of it, I cannot find a way besides sending to excel. This would be a great feature that is in version 19 but not in 2015. 

I understand that increasing the text will make some collumns fall outside of the margins, but the reports I run only contain 2 or 3 collumns and could easily facilitate larger text. 

Please consider this idea.