Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Process Payroll - Add employee to existing saved pay run

Partner

2,368Posts

395Kudos

424Solutions

2,368 Posts
Partner
Australia

Hi All,

I have a few clients that I run their large payrolls and from time to time you get half way through and find that they have not given me the details of a new employee.  In the past this was a pain if you did not check everyone on the list and confirm they were already set up.

You would get half way through and when you then discovered that and employee was missing, you had to scrap the entire run, then when you had the new employee's details you would start all over again.

When MYOB added the feature to save a pay run and come back to it I thought it would eliminate this problem.

It seems it does not.

Because you cannot add a new employee during a pay run, I saved the run, then after I added the new employee and went to resumed the run, I could not access the new employee so I still have to cancel and start all over again.

MYOB, could we please have a change to this so that the software will assist us to have a smoother workflow rather than cause us to have to start all over again.

Thanks,

Alan

"Returning to a saved pay run is not as good as it should be"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: June 2015

I would encourage other users that would like to see the ability to add in an employee to a saved payrun to vote and comment for this idea.

9 Comments
ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

Really - myob should address this asap as it defeats the purpose of being able to save the pay run. I have voted.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @AlanT 

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and saved payruns

Currently the saved payrun option allows for the user to change the details of a current pay or save it for a later time for processing. If you are needing to add in a new employee you would need to close the payrun and restart the payrun.

I would encourage other users that would like to see the ability to add in an employee to a saved payrun to vote and comment for this idea.

Raelene
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It would also be useful for me to be able to change a payrate of employees when you save a pay run.  Also be able to add a new pay category, I realise that there is a button to be able to do this in the process pay, but some of mine don't work.

Raelene

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Raelene

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this idea. I have shared your thoughts with the team.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Merc2000
1 Post
Cover User

Affects me too, and I'm sure alot of other people are affected. Voted.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Fantastic @Merc2000! Thanks for voting for this idea.

Lisdat
1 Post
Cover User

I can't believe that this feature has not been added to MYOB. The above comment made back in 2015!

Get with it MYOB. Wondering if Xero and other software programs have this feature.

Very very annoying to not be able to add a new employee to existing saved payrun. 

KENE
Partner
11 Posts
Partner

Very annoying to cancel and restart especially with the larger payrolls. MAy 2020