Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Allow searching for product using description

Contributing Cover User

11Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Now when invoicing it allows you to narrow down products through item codes.

I think there needs to be a way to have a Find or Search button from within the existing dropdown menu at the bottom with the Cancel, New and Use Item buttons.

It takes to long to open a new window to search through item list and then come back to invoice screen.

Thanks,

Pat.

"Allow searching for product using description search from inside generating invoice"

example.png
Current Status: Done
Last Changed: December 2016

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2016.3 comes a new way to search and select items for your Sales, Purchases and Inventory Windows. This new feature allows for the user to search for item number and name, even bring a list up of all items that contain a series of characters in the name/number i.e.

Attachments.PNG

You can find more information into this feature and how to obtain the update on AccountRight 2016.3 now available

6 Comments
KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @PatKelly 

Thank you for your suggestions, we're always looking to improve workflow in AccountRight and would be happy to consider customising the drop down menu with inside an invoice. 

If anyone else has anything else to add that is relevant or would like to see this implemented in future releases please comment and vote. 

Kind regards,

Kat 

MHS
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

to overcome this same issue we have the items list open at the same time search to the right & invoice etc to the left. 

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your feedback @MHS I have sheared your feedback with the team.

Kind regards,

Kat

Peter-Melbourne
5 Posts
Cover User

Hi MYOB,

We have at least 150+ items in our inventory.  Can you imagine our problem of finding the items we want everytime we want to sell them in an order.  A decent search engine based on Item Number and on Item Description would be a start.

How about do away with the line-by-line entering of the items by having a spreadsheet like Item Ordering system. Get rid of  the drop down menue of the items and just give out a spreadsheet of the items which the we can select the quantity and defautl discout/price levels etc...  When we are done MYOB can bring this selection into the Order Form.  This is similar to how we purchase products from the net these days.  On the net, a good store will let us select items as we scroll down the list and when we are done we place it into our shopping cart.  The Order is generated after this selection.  

We enter about 60,000 lines of item ordering a year.  Try to imagine how long it takes using your system today.

Thank you.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your comments and voting for this idea.

I'm pleased to announce that we are in development of an exciting feature in AccountRight that will improve on the searching capabilities of items from the items list and sales/purchase window.

More details into this feature and how to obtain that update will be available closer to release.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2016.3 comes a new way to search and select items for your Sales, Purchases and Inventory Windows. This new feature allows for the user to search for item number and name, even bring a list up of all items that contain a series of characters in the name/number i.e.

Attachments.PNG

You can find more information into this feature and how to obtain the update on AccountRight 2016.3 now available