Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: Sales [Customer Detail] - Showing closed orders

Cover User

3Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

3 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Hi,

We are a small manufacturing business

I am trying to run a report that shows us our current orders on hand and the detail of the order i.e quantity, description, promised date etc.

The Sales Customer Detal Report is the only report that has all the right fields available however it shows invoiced and paid jobs still as an "order" as well as "open". As i just want to see current orders this report does not help.

When I run the same report as a Sales Customer Summary or Sales register, it works fine but lacks the fields needed to assist our team i.e quantity, description.

Talking with MYOB help, they said that there is no way of running the report I need at this stage and the change may need to be incorporated in an update.

Any help is appreciated.

Sam

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: February 2018

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2014.2, already converted orders will no longer appear when running the Sales Customer [Detial] report when filtered by the Sale Status of Orders.

9 Comments
Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff
Hi Sam, The Sales customer detail report does have the option to be customised to show orders only. When you are running the report, under the filters tab you will just need to change the Sale Status to Orders rather then all invoices. If we have misunderstood what you are needing, please let us know.
SamMatandos
3 Posts
Cover User

Thanks Barry however the issue here is that when i filter the "orders" it shows orders from months ago even though the status has changed to "open".

I find it odd that this is the only report which does not indicate the job status.

example: if we get an order it appears. If we invoice it, it too also appears as "open".

I just need to see current orders.

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff

Hi Sam, thanks for clearing that up. I just want to add to what Barry has said, that you can use the "Insert/Modify" tab's 'Show/Hide' button to let you add the 'Status' column to this report, so you can easily see it. The issue that you're describing about the converted Orders still appearing is an error in the program that we are aware of and is being looked into. I'm sorry for the inconvenience of this.

Geejay
Experienced Partner
61 Posts
Experienced Partner

This is a critical issue in the real world so I hope it is fixed in the next release.  I have clients using this report daily to determine what goods need to be ordered, but because the status column will only show "Order", they need to check every "order" to see if it has already been invoiced.

Geejay
Experienced Partner
61 Posts
Experienced Partner

Can I suggest this is removed from "Already in Product".  Even if you filter the Sales Customer Detal Report to Orders only, it still lists orders that have been converted to invoices.  To explain further, my client currently enters all orders with a date 1/1/15.  Each day, the order report is displayed to ascertain which orders can be invoiced. Orders that have already been invoiced still show on the report as "Order", making this a very onerous task.

Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff
Hi GeeJay, I've updated this idea to planned as it's an issue that has been identified and will be fixed in a later update. We do apologise for any inconvenience caused.
ljwest
6 Posts
Cover User

Hi

I am having the same problem with this report. I now have A/R 2014 upgrade and the ISSUE is stil not resolved.  Pls MYOB could you fix this problem.  I really rely on this report, as do many other MYOB clients. Thanks LW

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @ljwest 

The AccountRight 2014.1  update was to address a number of different features in the program - a full list can be found on http://download.myob.com/arl/Whats_New_In_AccountRight_2014.1.pdf I understand that business that do run that report and have found this issue. As Barry has stated the issue has been identified and will be fixed at a later update.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2014.2, already converted orders will no longer appear when running the Sales Customer [Detial] report when filtered by the Sale Status of Orders.