Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Electronic refund option for customers

Partner

57Posts

41Kudos

0Solutions

57 Posts
Partner
Australia

Something that has been requested at at least 3 yearly MYOB get togethers I have been to, and still not initiated.

With more and more people using electronic banking, why can we not pay a Customer a refund electronically?  Instead we have to load up our database with unnecessary.Supplier Cards in order to do the transaction.  What a waste of time, energy and bytes.

"Electronic refunds for Customers"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2013

Thanks, Xstitcher, for your suggestion. Its great to see the support already shown by the community for this idea to be added in.

21 Comments
SimonNZ
Experienced User
37 Posts
Experienced User

I agree, this is something I regularly have to work around!

This has been raised (and ignored) before.

While you are at it, why not give the ability to combine credits which may have been assigned to different invoices for the same customer (as you can not add to an existing credit either).

sunshinenz
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It seems a year on and we still cant refund electronically

Xstitcher
Partner
57 Posts
Partner

Frustrating, isn't it?  They mess around with what is already working, but do not take notice of what is needed.

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks, Xstitcher, for your suggestion. Its great to see the support already shown by the community for this idea to be added in.
amber7491
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I agree I also have request by customers (Members) that made an overpayment via another system and the original entries were imported to MYOB on a batch basis. The Member as they made the original payment by EFT request the refund by EFT.

I am unable to process the refund by EFTtherefore I also support this idea to be made available without compromising the internal controls.

Amber7491

ChildcareQLD
Experienced Cover User
31 Posts
Experienced Cover User

12 months on.....  is this still "Under Consideration"?

Jen

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

@ChildcareQLD Thanks for your patience. You can see that we've had over 1000 ideas submitted to the AccountRight idea exchange and unfortunately we can't implement them all as quickly as we might like. We certainly welcome your feedback and votes and it really helps the development team prioritise their work. 

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

Jo888
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Why can't I refund an overpayment/duplicated payment by going through Settle Returns & Credits/Pay Refund and refunding via electronic payments?

If the customer card had a Bank Detail option where the account details would be (currently shows under 'Cheque'), then I could process with the other payments I need to make. Wouldn't this be so much easier?

Thanks

Jo

acbeattie
4 Posts
User

agreed

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

Agreed - MYOB ths is a duplicate idea I believe