Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Invoice Number is taken when customer is selected (multiple users)

Experienced Cover User

35Posts

7Kudos

1Solutions

35 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Is it possible when an invoice is started that a unique number be assigned to the invoice at that time?

or is there a solution whereby the actual invoice number can be advised to the operator at the time of recording the invoice (without making an extra screen to hit enter on)?

We find that with both entering invoices at the same time, that you record the onscreen invoice number on the paperwork, only to find that number stolen by the other operator. This becomes quite annoying, as you need to go back and look at the printed invoice or pull up sales register to check what the actual invoice number was. This is important to us, as we need to locate paperwork for various reasons.

"Invoice number assignment when multiple users entering data"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: November 2014

Thanks for the great suggestion @Bucket_Girl. I can certainly see how the current system would make multiple users entering invoices simultaneously troublesome. Anyone else, who would invoice numbers to be assigned as soon as a sale is started, (rather than when recorded) so that duplicate invoice numbers don't occur. Please cast your vote here.

5 Comments
Bucket_Girl
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User

We have this same problem. I start the order and then save it immediately even though it is blank so that my number is taken. Then I reopen the order and enter the items etc.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Bucket_Girl

Thanks for the feedback in regards to the AccountRight program and the setting of a relevant number.

Along with commenting if you would like to show your support for an idea on the AccountRight Idea's Exchange I would recommend voting for it. You can vote for an idea using the + Vote button to the left of the Idea's name.

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for the great suggestion @Bucket_Girl. I can certainly see how the current system would make multiple users entering invoices simultaneously troublesome. Anyone else, who would invoice numbers to be assigned as soon as a sale is started, (rather than when recorded) so that duplicate invoice numbers don't occur. Please cast your vote here.

jenny_gibbs
1 Post
Cover User

Hi There

I have had this issue brought to me by a client and it is very troublesome for them as they could have up to 3 users invoicing at the same time.

I would like to see this changed so that the invoice number is allocated as soon as the invoice is started.

Thanks

Suzi_Byrom
Contributing Cover User
50 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Wondering why this hasn't had more Votes and @Liam_M how this has not been actioned as yet?

We've experienced this same problem for years and any organisation who has two or more users would be experiencing the same issue, so incredibly annoying and unproductive. Please tell me a "fix" for this is in the next upgrade?