Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Option to remove reminder of outstanding Quotes/Orders when creating new invoice

Experienced User

21Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

21 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand

I think there should be a preference for whether let the "Select from list" window to pop out or not when entering a new sale for customers when having an outstanding order or quote for them.  It's not a smart design, coz not always a new sale should be connected to any existing quote or order.

"there should be a preference for whether let the "Select from list" window to pop out"

Attachment.PNG

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: March 2014

Thank you for your suggestion, the option to have the 'Select an Existing Order or Quote' not appear when selecting a Customer is something that we could certainly look into. It would be great to get an idea of the demand for this feature from the community so if you'd like to see if added, please remember to vote.

3 Comments
DamienB
Experienced Cover User
30 Posts
Experienced Cover User

As per this thread here: http://community.myob.com/t5/Sales-and-purchases/Quotes-andOrders-Pop-Up-when-creating-new-invoice/m...

It was suggested I post it over in this section as an idea for the future.. or ideally a hot fix!

I'm hoping it is a simple check box I can use to turn this off.

When I go to create a new invoice, I select my customer and each time it brings a pop up showing existing quotes/orders and if I would like to use them. No I would not like to use them! Some of my clients are weekly repeat customers with multiple current quotes, but also individual service calls I need to invoice for.

This becomes annoying after an hour of closing a pop up every few minutes.

Damien

"Quotes and Orders Popup When Creating Invoice"

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thank you for your suggestion, the option to have the 'Select an Existing Order or Quote' not appear when selecting a Customer is something that we could certainly look into. It would be great to get an idea of the demand for this feature from the community so if you'd like to see if added, please remember to vote.
mili_k
2 Posts
User

I would definitely like to see this changed. We have staff doing sales/purchases and receiving payments all the time and we don't want them seeing the bank balance.  It seems bizarre that you can use the security function to stop staff performing certain tasks, and yet they can see how much money the business has!

In the meantime however, my solution - albeit a clumsy one - is to do a Receive Money transaction and date it well into the future.  I used $25,000,000, but conversely you could do a spend money if you wanted to appear dirt poor to your staff!!   The amount just sits there and when the time rolls around and I need to do a bank rec for that date I just change the date to further in the future.