Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales/Purchases: Clear all lines

Trusted User

95Posts

7Kudos

2Solutions

95 Posts
Trusted User
Australia
New
New

When are we going to see - when we use the select Purchases - or - any type - the option to CLEAR all - for recurring - would be ideal to remove all line item entries - instead the current process is to go to each line item and clear each line. Line by line

"Clear All"

4 Comments
Julie_B
Trusted User
230 Posts
Trusted User

Hi Konmanos - interesting idea ... Just so I understand properly, you're saying that if we have a use recurring transaction with multiple lines and codes on it, but we only use for example two or three for a particular entry at that time, we should be able to push a button to "clear all the unused lines, eg all nil dollar lines" of that particular entry before recording?

konmanos
Trusted User
95 Posts
Trusted User

Yes that is correct all unused line entries without a dollar entry - to be removed at the stage where you select the recurring invoice .. So you can always use or delete the entries 

Julie_B
Trusted User
230 Posts
Trusted User

If you set up your use recurring (I set it up first time with nil values) and don't put a tick in the box that says "save my changes when I record this recurring transaction"  you always have the same template to use and adjust for each transaction.  With 2012 you just need to delete the GL account and down arrow and the actual nil transaction "line" will disappear from your entry (not your recurring transaction), which is great, as these nil-value entries often still appear on reports and journals.  However, I think the idea of a clear all button is something to think about.  That way I don't have to delete individual nil-value rows before I record the transaction. 

LBI
2 Posts
Cover User

The ability to delete a line in spend/recieve money (like in Sales / Purchases) would certainly make it easier to use recurring transactions as templates.

That said - perhaps an system option (per transaction type) to Not record nill transaction lines (always/never/ask) would be better

Regards