Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales Register: Add Job number column

5Posts

94Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
User
Australia

We have many invoices to the same client but for different jobs. It would be nice to have the job numbers in a column on the Sales and Purchases registers for fast cross-referencing, rather than having to open each invoice in the sales register (or purchases register) to find the one we want.

"Sales and Purchases Registers - Job Numbers"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: July 2018

Thank you for your idea. Our team has reviewed the idea and has ensured it meets our idea submission criteria. For more information on idea submission criteria, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

32 Comments
Nic-acc-addons
Super Partner
507 Posts
Super Partner

Hi SecretaryBird,

To find a transaction quickly against a job code, the best way i find, is to use the Find Transactions screen. Go to the job tab, enter the job and a large-ish date range and you should be able to find the sale quicklier.

Best of luck.

SecretaryBird
5 Posts
User

Thanks for the tip. That narrows the field a bit.

Only problem with that is that it brings up every line entry in each sale or purchase so there are a lot of transactions to sift through.

Dale
MYOB Staff
43 Posts
MYOB Staff
Because a sale can have multiple jobs and each line could potentially be allocated to a different job it would be difficult to show in the Sales Register. I guess one possibility would be to show a comma separated list of every job on a sale? but this may get quite large. I would be interested to hear what others think?
JKB
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I use only 4 jobs rarely do I mutli job an invoice and I would LOVE to see the jobs in the sales and purchase registers.  At the moment I have to put the job in the purchase order field to bypass and this ducplicates entry.  If there are mutlipe jobs selected why not just have it appear as it does in a paycheque a single job would show as the selection mutlipe jobs show selected and you click into the field for a breakdown.

DBS
Contributing Cover User
16 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Another program we use has a column for "first job number on invoice". I think the majority of invoices would be for only one job? It would certainly cover most customer's needs I think. We've certainly found it useful.

DvD
2 Posts
Cover User

Job numbers are the central component to all of our transactions however myob disregards them nearly everywhere when you would require this as the reference for an invoice or transaction. 

For example in the sales register there is not a job number column, this is required for quick reference and also even more importantly so that you have a reference to any invoices created without a job number. 

The Job number should be available in all transaction views.......please

Thankyou

David

TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

Hi David,  @DvD  

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

A "new idea" already exists for what you have proposed on this link Sales and Purchases Registers - Job Numbers.  Its present status at "Clarification needed" and not going anywhere with 11 votes because there has been no reply to what @Dale from MYOB Development wrote on 13/5/2013 which was:-

"...

Because a sale can have multiple jobs and each line could potentially be allocated to a different job it would be difficult to show in the Sales Register. I guess one possibility would be to show a comma separated list of every job on a sale? but this may get quite large. I would be interested to hear what others think?
..."
Perhaps you could respond to his question by way of comment and add your vote to that "new idea"

Thank you

DvD
2 Posts
Cover User

I agree with DBS, all the invoices i do only relate to the one job, so an option to select this would solve the issue with all of the line items within the invoice being listed in the sales register. 

Can this be worked out?

Thanks

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff

Having the column show the first Job on the Invoice is in interesting solution to the problem of the list getting out of hand with multiple Jobs, I personally like it, and it's certainly something that can be thrown into the ring as a possible way we can get this system created nicely.

asdon
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Is there any way to display the job numbers in a column in the Sales Register window?  At the moment, if I need to check which job number the invoice or quote is referring to I need to actually open each individual invoice/quote.