Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales/Purchases: Promised date automatically populated

Cover User

1Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

Hi

It would be really helpful, that once terms have been set on a card - either  supplier or creditor- that the actual promised date is auto filled.

For example terms are net 30 days, invoice date is 9/1/13, and then the promised date is autofilled to 9/2/13

"Wish List- autofill of promised date"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: January 2013

7 Comments
Dale
MYOB Staff
43 Posts
MYOB Staff

I really like this idea, please add your votes to assist us in prioritising this feature.

Dale
MYOB Staff
43 Posts
MYOB Staff

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner

My view is that the promised date field has nothing to do with the due date (for payment) of the invoice or bill, and amongst my clients is used (on purchases) for the ETA of the order, typically, and is ideal for that kind of purpose.

I think it would be inappropriate to fill this field with the due date.

What would be more useful is to display the due date as a field on the transaction, not just the terms. At the moment the due date can only be seen by drilling in to the terms. Whether this field could be editable would need discussion, presumably if it were, then the terms would have to be amended if the due date was changed.

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner

I agree with Mike - promised date is not for the due date. I have clients using this for other purposes. Actual Due date according to the terms appearing on the invoice (and auto filling) would be good.

TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

Hi Dale,

I agree with the view expressed by Mike James "...that the promised date field has nothing to do with the due date (for payment) of the invoice or bill..."

In fact within Forms it is labelled as "Shipped Date" as in the following screen shot of a default Item Invoice form and a user can have difficulties at trying to identify where it is input on a Sales screen.

Shipped Date.jpg

As Jennie indicated "Promised" date field in a Sales screen can be used for other purposes as indicated in this screen shot of a Customised Item Invoice form.

Shipped Date - Service Date.jpg

Having said the aforementioned, if the 'Promised Date' is to be autofilled then yes I agree but only defaulting with the value of the invoice date, it may be of benefit to other users.

Julia_Berkhout
Super Partner
326 Posts
Super Partner
Good idea unless standard terms are used for every invoice. But I have customers who have different payment terms for different services and therefore require payment terms different on a per invoice basis and not across the board by card standard terms. Thanks
LHajncl
2 Posts
Cover User

Come on MYOB, this post is six years old and nothing's changed. I'm looking for the same thing. Please advise if you've made the upgrade.