Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales/Purchases: Show full description line when entering a sale/purchase

Contributing Cover User

11Posts

20Kudos

0Solutions

11 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand

It would be REALLY helpful if we could see all the lines typed in the purchase description field (as you could prior to the last update - and as you can on Invoice description field)

I am unsure why it was thought to be better to just be able to read the top line - it is really NOT !

"Purchases - Item - description field now shows only one line"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2013

Thank you for the suggestion. Improving this sort of workflow is something we're always looking at improving in our software. Please vote and comment to show your support and suggest areas you would like to see this change.

17 Comments
FoxyWA
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I overcame this problem by attaching an extra monitor (portrait) to my computer, so have both landscape and portrait monitors. Works a treat for other software as well.

Even so, on the landscape monitor, 1280 x 800 resolution, I get 15/16 lines - provided that the description for each item is not 'wrapping' and taking up multiple lines.

If so, decrease the width of other columns and increase the width of the item description column.

Best Wishes

Foxy

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @FoxyWA

Thank you for your feedback and possible workaround into this idea.

I hope that others find it of great assistance. I would still encourage others to vote and comment if required for this idea.

KAC10
Partner
10 Posts
Partner

HI,

Is it posiible to have the decription field show multiple lines as you are entering them.

I have a number of clients who type in addition customerised text when entering itemised invoices/purchases and currently when you enter the additional detail you can only see the line you are typing on until you tab to the next field. This makes it hard when you are trying to ensure you have entered everything in correctly before issueing the invoice/purchase order, with out tabing in and out of the field.

'Description field item type invoices/Purchases"

Clio
Contributing Cover User
18 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Those little boxes that the info you type sits in, why cant you see what you wrote, why can they not match the full size of the allocated /allowable size

Eg In items  The part number  It is super fustrating to check. The same with many of these fill me in boxes.

Love to have  a summary page with the information reported in a compact manner  and only have to go to the different pages for the purpose of entry. 

flaviaarantes
2 Posts
User

I am also looking for a way to customize my Remittance Form including the description we add when entering a purchase. 

I already found out how to customize a form, but the field I want is unavailable there.  Is there a way to do it?

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @flaviaarantes,

Thank you for your post. Please allow me to extend you a warm welcome to the Community forum. I hope you find plenty of information in this forum.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. In AccountRight, you can create and customize remittance forms by going to Setup menu >> Customize forms >> select form >> Customize, you can choose to add fields  and columns. For more information, kindly check out this link.

I hope this helps. If you still require assistance, I am more than happy to assist.

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @flaviaarantes,

We hope this message finds you well. We just want to get back to you regarding your concern. If you still need further assistance with this or if you have other questions or concerns, you can reach out to us by creating a new post. We are happy to help. 

Kind Regards, 

Cel