Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Speed improvement

Ultimate Partner

5,857Posts

1,026Kudos

756Solutions

5,857 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand

Before replacing my laptop recently, I was experiencing delays of up to 60 seconds while an item invoice screen opened, and similar delays on other events. The program fell into a 'not responding' state after about 5 seconds. Note that this did not happen with orders or quotes. Since my hardware upgrade, the program responds quickly, but there are clearly 000's of users being severely hampered.  

Why is speed so important? I quote from a response I received to a (UK) forum posting of mine in 2003 concerning the future of accounting software:

"As far as SME's are concerned, the future of accounting software, in a word, is speed.

The speed at which you process, operate, report on, act upon, share and manage your business processes.

This will be due to not one single event or technology, more a continuation of the trend that began around 10 years ago when the first second generation systems began to appear.

The Web will certainly play a big part in this by connecting businesses together with each other and with their employees".

Prophetic words indeed! And as an MYOB user remarked this week, "we are all time-constrained".

Many users have made comments about the program being slow. Fine, but if the speed issues are to be addressed, MYOB needs to know more than that. Anyone posting comments about speed should include:

- hardware summary (at least: memory, processor speed, operating system)

- software version and file location (local, network or cloud)

- the exact step/s which are slow, eg opening a register or list, recording a transaction, etc., with time taken.

Regards

Mike

DataWise Limited

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: November 2012

Thanks again for the feedback. We understand many users want faster performance. We've targeted many areas clients have identified to improve speed and performance, with the improvements available in the next update for AccountRight 2012 available on November 8. We will also be doing more work in future updates.

15 Comments
Rox
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I notice this says it is implemented but the system is still very slow 2 years later Smiley Sad

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Rox 

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your message. The development team has made dramatic improvements to the performance of the software over the past couple of years. Have you worked through the suggestions in our Support Note New AccountRight running slow? It contains many steps you can take to help improve the speed of AccountRight and get the most from your hardware and software. Please pay particular attention to the section on antivirus exclusions as we have found this can have the most dramatic impact on performance.

Please let us know if you need any assistance.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager 

Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi Jason,

i think your team still need word harder. The newest version still is very slow.

Regards 

Dylan

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Sorry to see that the software hasn't met your expectations Dylan. As above, we would encourage you to work through the Support Note New AccountRight running slow. If you continue to have issues with performance, please let us know and one of the support team would be more than happy to assist you in getting the most from your hardware and software.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

Acme_20_yr_cust
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User

OK - we run the program on a Term Server with tons of RAM, and twin processors, we run the cloud version of the database because after testing it was about 5% faster.  We have fairly new current generation HPO desktops upgraded within last twelve months.  The downgrade in speed from Premier to this has been horrific - at least a day a week lost, with a database that tripled in size from the "upgrade".  What we need is:

1. Some way to archive or remove older data - we have SKU's and customers that are no longer used

2. If it will improve speed move the program to 100% cloud - right now 30%+ functionality is missing in the web based version!