Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

In Tray: Split view document and Enter Purchase window

Experienced Cover User

33Posts

59Kudos

0Solutions

33 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

It would be handy to be able to view an invoice that is in the in tray so you can enter the details in the enter purchases window.  Currently I have to save the invoice to the desk top to be able to enter the informaiton from the invoice.  Even checking the amount has been transcribed over correctly of the invoice number.

The intray is working very well for me but this would make it work even better.

Thanks

Raelene

"Viewing invoices in In Tray"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2020

Hi All,

Included in this release is the ability to launch the attached PDF in your computer's default PDF Reader. This way allows you to move your PDF Views away from the AccountRight screen to more easily view the data from the PDF and the Data Entry screen.

As a bonus: The old AccountRight Reader was unable to read specific information on newer age PDF's this will provide the ability to view all PDF's in your usual PDF Reading Tool that is constantly up to date.

If your PDF's are launching in something else and not your preferred reader, you can simply change the default reader in your Windows Default Apps section. See here for steps on how to do this: How to Change Default PDF Viewer in Windows 10

You can read more about 2020.1's features on this Release Post: AccountRight 2020.1 is now available

Tagging: @Raelene @seqtt @Beansmutts @kitma @AlanT 

11 Comments
seqtt
Trusted Cover User
130 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Why doesn't the create new bill window have the split screen to view imported pdf files that is available in MYOB Essentials? So much easier for data entry

seqtt
Trusted Cover User
130 Posts
Trusted Cover User

As well as using AccountRight for our company file, I do another set of accounts using MYOB Essentials.

The split view option in Purchases, so you can view the split screen of an imported invoice while entering a bill in Essentials is brilliant.

Why has this not been implemented in AccountRight. Because I've used the other, I find having to tile the window each time I enter a bill, very frustrating.

Thanks,

Amanda

seqtt
Trusted Cover User
130 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Thi also applies to the option to download the invoice as a pdf file so it can be printed as needed, rather than finding the original scanned or pdf file.

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

@Raelene

Hi Raelene,

This option exists in the Essentials product where it splits the window in two, showing the invoice in the bottom have of the window and your transacton in the top.

I've voted for this to be included in AR,

Alan

kitma
3 Posts
Cover User

I definately agree.

I find it frustrating when i have to keep re-opening the invoice to extract the information that this not automatically copied over and have to re-enter it again.  Sometimes our supplier invioces are long and it takes me up to 5 times to re-open the invoice.

I would love to see this feature in an upgrade

seqtt
Trusted Cover User
130 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Please, please, please, please add the 'Split View' option of pdf files and data entry fields that you have in MYOB Essentials to the existing ' Enlarge' and 'Unlink' options when entering new bills in AccountRight.

Beansmutts
Partner
51 Posts
Partner

Hi Raelene,  have you tried cascading your window.  It does depend on the size of your screen.  I use it all the time to have the bill enlarged from the In-Tray  on the left and the enter bills screen open on the right. (Windows, Cascade).

Hope this helps.

Gillion

seqtt
Trusted Cover User
130 Posts
Trusted Cover User

I've asked the same question many times. MYOB Essentials has the Split View option and makes data entry sooooo much easier

Haydes
MYOB Product Team
6,317 Posts
MYOB Product Team

Hi All,

Work on the ability to Split the View between your Enter Purchases Screen and an Open Document window has begun for a release in the new year (H1 2020). We'll be hard at work to deliver this release and once there's another update to this we'll be back to update the status.

There will also be an announcement on the AccountRight Blog once the new release including this feature drops, feel free to Subscribe to this Idea to be notified or keep your eyes peeled on the Blog to see the announcement.

Cheers,

Hayden

MYOB Product Team

@Raelene @seqtt @Beansmutts @kitma @AlanT 

Haydes
MYOB Product Team
6,317 Posts
MYOB Product Team

Hi All,

Included in this release is the ability to launch the attached PDF in your computer's default PDF Reader. This way allows you to move your PDF Views away from the AccountRight screen to more easily view the data from the PDF and the Data Entry screen.

As a bonus: The old AccountRight Reader was unable to read specific information on newer age PDF's this will provide the ability to view all PDF's in your usual PDF Reading Tool that is constantly up to date.

If your PDF's are launching in something else and not your preferred reader, you can simply change the default reader in your Windows Default Apps section. See here for steps on how to do this: How to Change Default PDF Viewer in Windows 10

You can read more about 2020.1's features on this Release Post: AccountRight 2020.1 is now available

Tagging: @Raelene @seqtt @Beansmutts @kitma @AlanT