Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales Register: Show online activity status (opened by customer or not)

Experienced Cover User

18Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

18 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
New
New

It would be nice to see if you have sent an invoice, its been opened etc on the main register screen like in Essentials.

"Status of Invoice on Sales Register"

9 Comments
Davis
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User

---Idea---

What I would like to see is a status column in the invoice register with the items listed below.  You open the screen see all invoice status instantly.

This could be as simple as a flag like you do with your emails so you can see this invoice need attention.

---Additional information----
I Would love to see an option of flaging emailed or sent invoices.  I find it hard to keep track of what I have sent to client especially on the road or even better if you could mark its status. Ie works in progress, Ready to be sent, emailed etc

This would avoid having to CC myself into the sending of the invoice but I would love if you could BCC or CC people in the office on invoices for processing or auto print email setup for hard copy records.

Not sure if the new fix does this but you cant save to your disk on your custom template, have to print as pdf as my template.

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello Davis,

What you are after is already in MYOB as long as you have it setup correctly.

Firstly open the Customer Card & go to the Selling Details tab.

In the Invoice Delivery box select' To be Emailed'

Capture3.JPG

Now when you prepare a new invoice the delivery status will show this.

Capture1.JPG

If you use the Print/Email Invoices button only those not yet sent will display by default. You can use the Advanced Filters to see them all if you wish. When you send the email the Status will change to Already sent.

This will also appear if you email direct from the invoice screen.

Capture2.JPG

I hope this is what you are after.

Cheers

David

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Davis 

Thank you for your idea in regards to invoice process and emailing.

As indicated by @David_Cree the Invoice Delivery may do what you are requiring for invoice process. However do let us know if you think that this is not what you are after.

In regards to CC or BCC users into emails, while its not a direct CC you can include multiple email addresses when emailing invoices and purchase. To do this go to Sales>>Sales register>>Select your invoice>>Select the Send to button (top of the window) and select Email. In the To field you can add in multiple email address using the ; after each address or just selecting the To button and then picking the email address from the list.

Davis
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi

This some what does what I would like to do.  We some times only do a rough hours and materials info on the invoice then pretty it up in the office at a later date, this occurrs on jobs with a lot of materials etc and the customer requires it to be itemised.  I can't easily see which ones need to be still edited.

At least now I can select this box to bring up invoices to e emailed.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

HI @Davis

Can you expand further into what you are wanting the program to achieve in terms of your idea? i.e. how do you currently keep track of invoices and how would like to see this improved/a possible way in which you would like to be implemented.

Davis
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User

What I would like to see is a status colum in the invoice register with the items listed below.  You open the screen see all invoice status instantly.

This could be as simple as a flag like you do with your emails so you can see this invoice need attention.

We are using Accountright online version

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Davis

Thank you for your clarification of the idea. I have updated the idea and the idea name to be more appropriate for other users reading.

I would encourage other users that would like to see an option that to include a status field to show the progress of the invoice to vote and comment if required for this idea.

Shaziz
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes. I process invoices from delivery dockets, but sometimes have a query for clarification before sending.If I remember I can put a HOLD in the catagory box, but it would be easier to either see a status "sent" or "unsent" column in the Sales Register Information window or a Tab for unsent open invoices.

I don't entirely trust the print unsent invoices because even if I mark it as already sent when processing it still tries to send it again. I'm afraid when I press cancel to sending it may mark it as already sent.

MattyGee
2 Posts
Cover User

The one thing that drives me nuts is that I can never see quickly which Invoices or Quotes have been sent out. 

When I click on

Sales ------> Sale Register -----> Quotes/Order/Invoices

In the end column, I have "Promised"

I would love to have that column be "sent" Or "Email Sent" 

Anything to show easily that the email has been sent. 

Would be great to have the date it was sent. 

If it's not sent just blank. 

Would be amazing if it was Green for sent and Red for not sent. 

Instead of opening the Quote or Invoice and looking as the status down the bottom.  

Cheers