Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Card File: Increase last name character limit

Former Staff

38Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

38 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand

HI,  Ive had a request from an Accountant in Practice to increase the length of a supplier name beyond the 35 character limit.  

"Supplier name Length"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: January 2014

Thanks for the suggestion on this. We've had some feedback to increase the character limits for Invoices and the like which has already been added. Making this change is something that we're happy to look into doing, those who would also like to see this, please remember to vote and comment.

4 Comments
Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for the suggestion on this. We've had some feedback to increase the character limits for Invoices and the like which has already been added. Making this change is something that we're happy to look into doing, those who would also like to see this, please remember to vote and comment.
John_Reynolds
Partner
3 Posts
Partner

I use Auto Entry to read and attach invoices to transactions in Myob Accountright Online.  At the moment there is a limitation of 20 characters on the Supplier Name which is not enough in many cases.  It also causes problems which matching Supplier Names within Myob and there's a limitation of 8 characters on the invoice number which is not enough also.  My request is to remove the limitations or at least raise them substantially.  I have spoken to the developers at Auto Entry and they have made submissions to myob as well.

"Third Party Software limitations on Supplier Name and Invoice Number"

John_Reynolds
Partner
3 Posts
Partner

I use Auto Entry to read and attach invoices to transactions in Myob Accountright Online.  At the moment there is a limitation of 20 characters on the Supplier Name which is not enough in many cases.  It also causes problems which matching Supplier Names within Myob and there's a limitation of 8 characters on the invoice number which is not enough also.  I have asked MYOB to remove the limitations or at least raise them substantially.  I have spoken to the developers at Auto Entry and they have made submissions to MYOB as well.  Is anyone else having these problems and would like them changed?

CoolieKid4225
1 Post
Cover User

Increase character limit in Card Company