Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Display: Window - TILE Function not consistent with regular Windows TILE functionality

Cover User

10Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

10 Posts
Cover User
Australia
New
New

As part of the Windows / Tile function, you should not have a minimum window size invoked.

This prevents the TILE function from working properly, and results in a hybrid CASCADE functionality where windows overlap.

The TILE function should allow for multiple windows to automatically be resized (to ANY size required to fit on the user's screen) and tile across the user's screen such that each window in itself is fully displayed ie. NO overlapping.

Currently this cannot happen because you invoke a minimum window size. With 4 open windows for example, this results in 4 function windows that are each larger than 1/4 of the screen size, therefor overlapping each other. The use is then no able to have 4 MYOB function windows open at once in a usable manner.

5 Comments
AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Hi John,

I hadn't noticed that before.

WOW

That function is totally useless in it's current form.

Alan

JOHNNY_Consult
10 Posts
Cover User

Again, it seems MYOB staff are not very interested in providing a fix - how are we going with MYOB stepping up to this one? This is a common WIndows feature, that works incorrectly within MYOB and not consistent all other WIndows environment software products.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @JOHNNY_Consult

Thank for your feedback in regards to AccountRight and this particular idea.

At this stage we are unable to provide a time frame or build number when this particular idea will be placed into development and implemented into the program.  However we are still encouraging clients that would like to see this idea added to the program to vote and if require comment for this idea.

JOHNNY_Consult
10 Posts
Cover User

Thanks - however this isn't an idea, it's an identified bug - i.e. inconsistent with Windows Tile design format.

Verdant
Experienced Cover User
123 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I agree. The Windows Tile and Arrange Icons Feature, is absolutely pointless. 

I've been using MYOB for years and they have done nothing about this. It is really frustrating that you can't see two windows clearly side by side. MYOB get your act together!