Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Bank Feeds: Ability to create a Bill and make payment on it using bank feeds/bank feeds rule

Experienced Partner

17Posts

46Kudos

4Solutions

17 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
New
New

Often when in the bank feeds module, you will find a transaction that needs to be in the system but having it entered as spend money would not be appropriate, for what ever reason, the invoice never made it into the enter bills process

It would be good if there was an option to create a rule aswell as have a link to the enter bills.

This would allow the user to enter the bill allocate it as required and have it paid with the details that are in the bank link screen.

This would allow the user to seamlessly add the missing invoice without  having to go to leave the bank link process. 

This would also ad an extra level of automation for transactions that are reoccuring in nature but the business operator need to have the information available in the management reports in the purchases section of the index to reports

"bank feeds option to create enter and pay bill not just spend money"

Current Status: New
Last Changed: September 2017

Hi Everyone

Based on the initial wording on the idea, this was marked as Implemented in regards to the fact that the user would like to enter a Pay Bill transaction to match to a bank feed transaction, possibly set up a rule. Implemented based on the fact that the rule can be set up for Pay Bills and/or matched to an existing Pay Bills transaction.

However, upon further comments by members of the MYOB Community, we have reopened this particular idea. We have reopened it on the fact that users would like to see the option to generate a Bill transaction and also pay that bill using a Bank Feed/Bank Feeds rule.

I've updated the name of that idea to reflect what the true premise of the idea.

8 Comments
AaronWhite
Experienced User
27 Posts
Experienced User

I suggest the ability to enter a purchase based on a "Bank Feed line" be added. (Drop down menu like Bill Rule etc)

At the moment if I have not entered a invoice from a supplier, I must go out of bank feeds, into enter purchases, populate all the information, back to bank feeds (or pay bills) and then create / match a payment.

I understand that there is the "Bill Rule", but this wont allow me to enter bills for one off suppliers etc, that require a account that might change between suppliers.

If this were to go ahead, then the amount could be populated, the payment date, the bank account, and possibly the supplier. With some suppliers we need to code the invoice to a specific account, though it could be one of many depending on what machine they are supplying parts for.

Thanks

FoleyBusMan
Partner
6 Posts
Partner

I agree with this comment MYOB. It is great to be able to marry transactions from bank statements for reconciliation of the accounts. But for Pay Bills in this section, could you allow the creation of a button to open a new bill screen? This allows users to not have to leave the reconciliation to create bills for transactions. Credit Cards are a great example of this as the transactions are same day and receipts easily misplaced or forgotten! Once the new bill is created the payment can then be placed against it.

For example

I go in and see a transaction on the bank feed. It is related to a bill. I go to 'Pay Bill' but the particular invoice has not been entered into the system. I press the 'New Bill' button to open a new purchase-Bill. I enter the details of the invoice into the Bill Purchase. I record the transaction and the screen closes. The Bill Payable is now visible in the 'Pay Bill' screen. I select the Bill to apply the payment against and hit record/apply and the screen closes. The bill is now paid and I have now returned to the Bank Feed screen.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone 

AccountRight 2016 allows for the user to select Pay Bill from the New list of Bank feed transaction. This will generate the Pay Bills window for you to record that transaction and apply it to relevant purchases.  If required a rule can be created to look for possible outstanding Bills for a Supplier as well.

AaronWhite
Experienced User
27 Posts
Experienced User

@Steven_M when was this implemented? We have always had the option to select Pay Bills. But if you read through the comments above that was not the suggestion.

@FoleyBusMan suggested "I go in and see a transaction on the bank feed. It is related to a bill. I go to 'Pay Bill' but the particular invoice has not been entered into the system. I press the 'New Bill' button to open a new purchase-Bill. "

@Tactical mentioned

"This would allow the user to enter the bill allocate it as required and have it paid with the details that are in the bank link screen.

This would allow the user to seamlessly add the missing invoice without  having to go to leave the bank link process."

And lastly I suggested "the ability to enter a purchase based on a "Bank Feed line" be added. (Drop down menu like Bill Rule etc)"

After going into the "Pay Bills" option, there is no way that I can see to then create a bill.

I think the idea behind all of our comments is that we can go into the bank feeds, and for eg see that MYOB has taken some of our money. We have their invoice sitting in our pile to do, but not yet entered as a bill. We would then click on "New" --> ""ENTER BILL", enter the bill details, then at the bottom of that window apply how much the Bank Feed is showing, and record. All from the one window.

Can you please add this back to the Ideas List. (Or even better, implement the idea Smiley Happy )

Thnaks

Aaron

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Based on the initial wording on the idea, this was marked as Implemented in regards to the fact that the user would like to enter a Pay Bill transaction to match to a bank feed transaction, possibly set up a rule. Implemented based on the fact that the rule can be set up for Pay Bills and/or matched to an existing Pay Bills transaction.

However, upon further comments by members of the MYOB Community, we have reopened this particular idea. We have reopened it on the fact that users would like to see the option to generate a Bill transaction and also pay that bill using a Bank Feed/Bank Feeds rule.

I've updated the name of that idea to reflect what the true premise of the idea.

Dharmendra
4 Posts
User

I agree 100%. Please implement ASAP.

Thank you.

ccall48
Experienced Partner
33 Posts
Experienced Partner

With many invoices and billing done electronically now I would like to be able to add a new bill directly from the bankfeeds.

EsterG
6 Posts
Cover User

Yes please!  It is only logical to be able to add a new bill when going through the bank feeds.  Would love to see this implemented as it would save heaps of time!