Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Remove CTRL + N (New company file) shortcut or put a warning up

Experienced Cover User

14Posts

54Kudos

2Solutions

14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Can the CTRL+N short cut for a new MYOB file be deactivited or at least a "Do you really want to start a new file?" dialog box be added?

I bump this from time to time using the other shortcuts and there is no alternative except to cancel the new file creation and log back in.

"deactivate CTRL+N for new file or allow cancellation of action"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2014

Thanks for the great suggestion. I agree that it is unlikely  that the 'create new file' keyboard shortcut would needed often, and it does have potential to disrupt workflow. Anyone else who would like to see this shortcut removed, or a confirmation dialog added, please cast your vote here.

5 Comments
ronatbas
Ultimate Partner
4,553 Posts
Ultimate Partner

I wholeheartedly agree  - i simply cannot image the time when some one is part way through a pile of invoicing/payroll/ paying bills and thinks that now is a perfect time for starting a new file.

Ron

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for the great suggestion. I agree that it is unlikely  that the 'create new file' keyboard shortcut would needed often, and it does have potential to disrupt workflow. Anyone else who would like to see this shortcut removed, or a confirmation dialog added, please cast your vote here.

gben
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

This customisation never made any sense to me.

How often do you create a new MYOB file???

Often enough that you're thinking OMG I wish I had a shortcut to save me time creating a new MYOB file...

Disable - or at least give us the ability to customise keyboard shortcuts.

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @gben 

Thank you for the feedback and additional information for the keyboard short cuts. I encourage any other users that would like to be able to customise their short cuts please cast a vote and leave relevant comments.

Kind regards,

Kat 

ZoeC
4 Posts
Cover User

PLEASE GET RID OF THIS TERRIBLE SHORTCUT!

Using multiple monitors I regularly use CTRL+N for sending emails and if the wrong program is selected there is no option to prevent Myob from closing!