Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Contact Log: Entry when invoices are issued/sent/emailed

Cover User

2Posts

40Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
New
New

The ability to automatically record email correspondence in the contact log when emailing invoices or purchases orders woudl be incredibly helpful.

"Create a Contact Log entry when emailing an Invoice/Supplier Order"

8 Comments
PRSC-Rod
3 Posts
Cover User

Sent emails are not reviewable in Myob AR.

Can they be auto inserted as a contact log entry so they may be reviewed and a better record kept?

Leethal
6 Posts
Cover User

Excellent idea! Definately needed!!

mumow
Experienced Cover User
80 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I agree, this would be a great record keeping feature.

JessK
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User

It would be very handy if you could view a 'PDF' or flattened copy of the document being sent by email. For example, when i send my customer statements by email, i can see on the 'Sent Emails' icon that a statement has been sent, but i cannot view a copy of the actual document sent. Unlike the old system which used an email provider such as Microsoft Outlook, where you always had a copy of the PDF attachement in your sent items. Also i understand that you can click on the blue arrow on other emailled documents such as purchase orders and quotes and this takes you to the document within MYOB. However as documents can be changed/ammended you are never sure if those details within the document are what was actually emailled to the customer or if it has since been updated/changed. Your consideration is appreciated. Thankyou.

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @JessK,

Thanks for your suggestion. I've merged your post with this idea on the AccountRight Idea Exchange due to their similarities. Please don't forget to vote for this idea!

Anyone else who would like to see better tracking of sent e-mails and copies of sent documents within AccountRight, please cast your vote as well. Voting can be done by clicking on the thumbs up icon.

Cheers,

Tallie

MYOB Social Support

sheza2
Contributing Cover User
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Idea:

When a 2nd debtors invoice is emailed or printed it would be good have an option box to select - (tick box) yes if the invoice is a reminder for an unpaid debt.

This would then record in the contact log as such.

If this does not make sense let me know.

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

It would also be helpful if the contact log included a copy of the text included in the accompanying email as sometimes I edit the default text and then there is no further record of it unless I remember to copy before sending, then go and access the contact log to paste it in the notes. 

RHussler
6 Posts
User

Yes this would be veryuseful to enable automateic inclusion.

Has there been any further update on this?