Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Display: Increase font size

Trusted Cover User

272Posts

181Kudos

2Solutions

272 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia

might be ok for younger eye's, spare a thought for the older generation.

Why the hell has the ability to change fonts gone & window sizes. Now the only way to make this stupid program readable is to redoo the screen resolution,

Even MS excel has the ability to zoom, might be time to dump MYOB me thinks!!

"small fonts & window sizing"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: August 2012

Reading the thread I think what this idea is about is making MYOB DPI aware so that the default fonts are readable. Is that right? Could you all please vote on this feature so we can rate it's importance relative to others in the list?

109 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @DavidMcIntyre

Thank you for your additional feedback in regards to AccountRight and display with larger fonts.

As have been previously mentioned this idea has been marked as Under Consideration as we still looking at adding additional support for larger monitors/displays in the future. At stage we don't have a time frame for when it is being placed into development. 

However I thank you for feedback and sharing your comments. I have passed them on for you.

Lambda4s
1 Post
Cover User

I wish to add my encouragement to MYOB to address the display issues.

I have just upgraded my computer and display (28" UHD 4K2K) and MYOB is almost illegible. I have disabled display scaling on high DPI settings and this has helped, but some labels still do not fit, e.g. "Time Billing" on the Command Centre looks like "ime Billin"

It looks as though this issue has not been addressed for several years, which puzzles me as it is a fundamental part of the user experience.

AdelKerb1
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi Rusty

I totally agree - and so do the other 2 office admin staff we have here.....I am thinking that going to AccountRight 2015.4 is a step backwards compared to Premier 19 (not an upgrade) - but it does have some benefits.... We arent all 20 year olds and struggle to read the screen (even with glasses...lol)

I also wish that once you put the main command centre in the middle of the screen - and you open other screens - they too would open in the centre of the screen - have to keep moving it....frustrating

Lets hope this problem gets to being solved instead of "Under Consideration"real soon

DavidMcIntyre
7 Posts
User

Recently did the upgrade to Win 10.  Not sure if it was that move or MYOB have done something with the latest release update, but my font issues are better - in that everything seems to fit into the boxes.

At lease the fields that I use.  Still have the computer on small fonts as larfe seem to still cause issues.

I do find it hard to believe that this whole thing has not been addressed by MYOB rather urgently, especially with other software providers pushing their products.  My neighbours are pushing me to switch to a certain Kiwi product.  Say that they find it much easier to use.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

HI @AdelKerb1

Thank you for your comments in regards to this idea.

Along with commenting for an idea on the AccountRight Idea Exchange you can show your support by voting. To vote for the idea select the + VOTE button to the left of the idea's name.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @DavidMcIntyre

Its great to hear that your fields are working better now on that computer. A change was made in AccountRight 2015.4 in terms of display on later operating systems and high resolution monitors to make values scale better. For more information please see The AccountRight Blog: AccountRight 2015.4 now available

JudeL
1 Post
Cover User

I've come back from a nice break over Christmas New Year but only being one week into the New Year and I've got eyestrain AGAIN because I can't read the d### screen  easily because the font is TOO small.

I've been reading this forum regarding font size and this issue has gone back to the end of 2011. If I had known this when I upgraded this financail year I would never have upgraded. We're now in 2016 how long does it take to fix a major problem - believe me its a major problem for me!

I'm tired of reading "Currently the idea has been marked as Under Consideration" as MYOB's response. If you value your customers and want to keep them (I'm seriously looking at moving to different software for the next financial year) FIX this issue!!!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @JudeL

Thanks for sharing your experiences in regards to display in AccountRight

AccountRight 2015.4 was released with some improvement in terms of display on high resolution monitors and computers running Windows 10. So the team are looking into correcting the display with updates designed to improve the display of AccountRight and how it appears.  At this stage we are still looking into future updates to improve the overall display however no direct time frame or release has been given at this time. 

For more information into AccountRight 2015.4 please see AccountRight 2015.4 now available

DavidMcIntyre
7 Posts
User

Hi MYOB.  I have previously posted re this issue.

I agree with all the above.  I have good eyesight - recent eye test.  However at the end of the day when most small medium business owners would be doing bookwork, even good eyes are tired, and really struggle to see your small fonts.

I see that you keep saying that its been submitted for consideration.

Really - consideration - we should be so lucky.

This is a major issue.  Being able to view MYOB comfortably is a fundimental requirement.

How could your developers drop off the ability to scale fonts? 

I too have issues with buggering up other programmes on my PC with changing the default PC font size.

And I too am looking to move to another programme that doesn't have this issue.

Please have this moved from - consideration - to - URGENT - it's the least that you could do.

At this stage if asked for an accounting package recommendation, it's not MYOB.

David McIntyre

KazKazKaz
1 Post
Cover User

Hi,

My suggestion is to have a very easy way to communicate bugs to MYOB - a link at the bottom of the page, or on the Contact us page.

The bug I'm reporting is that the OK button is way too far down on the pages in AccountRight. I'm not going to further shrink - and don't think my laptop will allow it - my font just so that I can find the ok button. It's ridiculous. At the moment I can't get to it and am trying to add a new vendor. I shouldn't have to call support for this. I've already wasted 45 minutes with a support person that didn't know how to fix it, and then with a second support person had to shrink my font, to get to the ok on another page. Today, working with the smaller font, I've also had to auto hide my bottom toolbar to find the reconcile button, and now in new vendor I can't get to the OK button to finalise the creation.