Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Display: Increase font size

Trusted Cover User

272Posts

181Kudos

2Solutions

272 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia

might be ok for younger eye's, spare a thought for the older generation.

Why the hell has the ability to change fonts gone & window sizes. Now the only way to make this stupid program readable is to redoo the screen resolution,

Even MS excel has the ability to zoom, might be time to dump MYOB me thinks!!

"small fonts & window sizing"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: August 2012

Reading the thread I think what this idea is about is making MYOB DPI aware so that the default fonts are readable. Is that right? Could you all please vote on this feature so we can rate it's importance relative to others in the list?

109 Comments
Ian_Victor
2 Posts
User

22-2-2016 just spoke to MYOB tech about this issue and because I do not have a current subscription with them (owning the software is not enough of a cost these days) they want to charge $59 to fix the problem. Another ex client has just begun to spread the bad word about this company.

V_Oliver
Experienced Cover User
53 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi,

I have just set up a new Samsung 4K computer monitor and when I open the MYOB AccountRight program, the writing is so tiny that I'm flat out reading it, eg in other words I really can't do any work at all in it, as everything is so small.

Any ideas of how to fix this problem?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @V_Oliver

Thanks for your idea. I've merged it with this similar idea on the AccountRight Idea Exchange.

You also might like to take a look at Help Article: Fixing display issues. This does list some tips and tricks that some clients have found aid in the display of AccountRight. Please note that it doesn't work for all systems and environments.

Lucky_Man
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I got here from the forums when trying to find a fix.  So this has only been an issue for the last 5 years.  Can I suggest that the minimum system requirements include MYOB quirky display requirements.  At least then they would be documented.  I don't know what screens I can and can not use and in what modes.

System requirements just say > 1024 x 768.  Well I certainly have that - but it don't work.

Maryke
6 Posts
Cover User

In 2011 we were told that the problem with font size would be fixed soon, I am

still havingproblems trying to read the screen, this is not good enough.

MrFixIT
2 Posts
Cover User

I totally agree. The font sizes on the tax invoices vary all over the place, giving a very unprofessional image/appearance for my business. The font sizes are far too small & cannot be amended.

There is no provision to change font sizes & the column width cannot be changed (widened or narrowed) & in the GST column, you 'GS' & undernrath 'T'. I note this has been under consideration since December 2011. Gee things happen quickly!

Julie7
1 Post
Cover User

Process26
3 Posts
Cover User

I've posted in this thread before. Years ago. In that time we've avoided upgrading as we know we'd lose the ability to change the font size. As we're all in our 40s, it's imperitive that the font size is customisable for each user AND each screen size. We now need to upgrade to include device access, and as MYOB still haven't fixed this issue, we are now forced to change accounting software. That's on you MYOB. Your lack of accessibility has driven us away.

Achieve1
4 Posts
Cover User

I have tried adjusting the screen setting in the Windows control panel to the 125 % and also adjusted the account right options for disabling the high DPI, as specified for window 10 however the problem is not resolved.

The window size does increase but the text is blurry.

Being that it is now 2017 and that these issues were mentioned earlier... is there a solution? Help is welcome.

Its funny how even the community forum utilises a larger font.

Can we please have viewing options like WORD, EXCEL and many other software programs have?

Thanks Con

Lucky_Man
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User

The lack of visual scalability is really problematic.  There is the frustration that many windows can not be made larger.  So on a large screen you are using the applciation through a keyhole - a tiny window on a huge screen.

But the nonscalability of font sizes is the real killer and the issue has pervaded for years.

I guess the alternate is every licence could come with an MYOB display unit.  A big but low res screen that we can add as a second display (or third display in our case).  Or maybe just talk the monitor maker into marketing special MYOB screens.  Maybe some of the old CRT display makers could pick it up as a retro product.