Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Display: Increase font size

Trusted Cover User

272Posts

181Kudos

2Solutions

272 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia

might be ok for younger eye's, spare a thought for the older generation.

Why the hell has the ability to change fonts gone & window sizes. Now the only way to make this stupid program readable is to redoo the screen resolution,

Even MS excel has the ability to zoom, might be time to dump MYOB me thinks!!

"small fonts & window sizing"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: August 2012

Reading the thread I think what this idea is about is making MYOB DPI aware so that the default fonts are readable. Is that right? Could you all please vote on this feature so we can rate it's importance relative to others in the list?

109 Comments
Scaffold
3 Posts
Cover User

I have just converted to Account Right Live and cannot increase the font size. I have tried the suggested fix of altering the display size to 125% and the screen is then blurred, i have also tried altering the properties and the resolution, nothing is satisfactory. How about MYOB bring back the option to increase font size within MYOB itself ( this was available in Account Right Plus). Very difficult reading the small font.

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

I completely agree. Please make it easy to change the screen font sixe as you could in the Classic versions. It is not really a solution to change the display size as this stuffs up other things.

David

Ayr
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This has been a real game changer for most people I have spoken to now looking at moving to Xero or other software. When you are trying to just do an invoice or load purchases to NOT be able to see the screen clearly?? Why is it so hard to just make the colours of the different screens and font sizes so that your eyes do not have to strain? It is ridiculous that in this day and age we are going backwards in an online version and we cannot see or do things in an easier way. There are 6 of us using the new online MYOB and ALL of us are struggling with the colours and the font.

SharonPerth
Trusted Cover User
35 Posts
Trusted Cover User

This exact problem is why I am still running AccountRight Plus 19 and haven't upgraded.. 2 years ago.. it was suggested I change the display resolution on my computer to accomodate MYOB, but that doesn't work for everything else.   Please implement this. 

Newport
1 Post
User

I agree. Anything to reduce eyestrain please!

Lucky_Man
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Still no progress on this front it seems - goes back to 2011.

MYOB made real advances when they went away from their own internal database to SQL - why can't they get this right as well?

Do we need to get a class action up for all the eyestrain and headaches our staff endure?  Surely as an OH&S issue this would get some priority.

HosDes
3 Posts
Cover User

When are you going to revert back to the ability to change the font size, this is preventing us moving to the online version, it is near impossible to read?

VickiP
8 Posts
Cover User

I am also dissapointed that you can no longer change the font size!

Vicki

Jaycan
3 Posts
User

Absolutely ridiculous that the font and window sizes can't be changed as in Plus19. I have recently upgraded to 2017 and am extremely disappointed with the current layout. It is nearly impossible to see the forms on the screen, and to offer the only solution as changing your whole computer screen resolution is a joke. If I had known about this I would never have upgraded. What a waste of money.

Footnote: Returned the AR 2017 package to Officeworks for a credit, going back to using Plus19. Sorry MYOB, you missed out on a sale.

Lucky_Man
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Regarding

Current Status: Under consideration

Reading the thread I think what this idea is about is making MYOB DPI aware so that the default fonts are readable. Is that right? Could you all please vote on this feature so we can rate it's importance relative to others in the list

I Don't think you can rate the importance by just the number of votes.  This is an issue that effects every aspect of software - not just one feature.  I'd have to say in our OH&S review this was amongst the top 3 issues - our admin/finance staff have to choose between a modern office computer environment (like our engineers and drafters have) or MYOB.

DPI aware is a start.  But also being able to resize all windows in a usable way is also needed.

Maybe we can chip together to buy MYOB a 4K HD monitor just to see how hopeless it is.  They are $500 from office works.

This would've added a lot more value than restylising all the icons etc (how many votes did that get?)