Contributing Cover User
Jasper_Lawyers
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Compliance update will not install

Hi,

My current version of AccountRight Plus is v19.12. I didn't get prompted for the 2017 compliance update when I opened my company file. When I manually went to HELP and chose 'Check for updates' I got the following message:

'The Agent has failed to install properly. In order for the Agent to properly install, you must be an administrator on your computerand you must be using your browsers default security settings. Press OK to try again to Show Updates through the Agent. Press Cancel to continue without the Agent. If you choose to procedd without the Agent, you will not be able to see some updates.'

Could give me some assistance on this please?

Thanks.

Jasper Lawyers

12 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,454 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

5454Posts

526Kudos

739Solutions

Re: Compliance update will not install

Hi @Jasper_Lawyers

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great resource.

That particular error message is indicating that the Windows user profile you are signing in with, while using AccountRight, does not have Windows Administrator permissions assigned to it. This can happen for a number of reasons, but generally it is done to restrict users from having Windows Administrator privileges for security reasons. Your IT professional will be able to explain in more detail why this has been setup on your system.

As an alternative, you can log onto my.MYOB using your email address and password, and can access the compliance update by going to My Products >> Downloads

Do let us know how you get on with this

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Contributing Cover User Jasper_Lawyers
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Jasper_Lawyers
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Neil for clarifying that.

I have since clicked onto the link within the'2017 compliance update' email. It looked like that my version of AccountRight Plus isn't the most current (?) and I then tried to download the 2017.1.1 version. Once it's downloaded, I tried to run it by clicking onto the new icon. (I hope I have been doing the right thing so far!) However, when I tried to open my company file it's not there for me to pick. I could only see the sample company file. What should I do now?

I'm due to run my first payroll for the new financial year in a few days time so I'm getting a little desperate....

Thanks.

@jasperlawyers

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,454 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

5454Posts

526Kudos

739Solutions

Hi @Jasper_Lawyers

I’m more than happy to have clarified that for you, as that message can be a bit confusing if you’re not familiar with why that message might come up.

You mentioned in your previous post you were using AccountRight v19.12. If you were, then the update you would be looking for is AccountRight v19.14. This will allow you to open the file without needing to do anything major.

In contrast, AccountRight 2017.1.1, which is also known as AccountRight Live, needs to upgrade AccountRight v19 files to be able to read them properly. When you opened AccountRight 2017.1.1 you may have noticed you had a menu option of “Upgrade a Company File”. Choosing this option will require you to go through a few steps to upgrade your file and put it on the cloud if you want to.

If you are going to upgrade to AccountRight 2017.1.1 but don’t want to work online, please make sure that you click the option to upgrade the file without putting it online. This will let you upgrade the file and keep it on your computer

Upgrading from AccountRight v19 to AccountRight 2017.1.1 is voluntary at the moment and if you are under a bit of time pressure it might be a better option to hold off doing the update until you have more time.

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Jasper_Lawyers
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Now I'm starting to get a clearer picture of what's going on. So would it be wise that I uninstall AccountRight 2017.1.1 and install AccountRight v.19.14 instead and go from there?

Once I have the v.19.14 upgrade completed I should be able to open my company file as usually and then hopefully it will prompt me to do the 2017 compliance update and upload the new tax table and so on?
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Jasper_Lawyers
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Now I'm starting to get a clearer picture of what's going on. So would it be wise that I uninstall AccountRight 2017.1.1 and install AccountRight v.19.14 instead and go from there?

Once I have the v.19.14 upgrade completed I should be able to open my company file as usually and then hopefully it will prompt me to do the 2017 compliance update and upload the new tax table and so on?

@jasperlawyers
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,454 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

5454Posts

526Kudos

739Solutions

HI @Jasper_Lawyers

If it was me, I would uninstall AccountRight 2017.1.1 first before installing AccountRight v19.14. Although the two don’t have an impact on one another its easier just to have the one program to avoid confusion.

You are correct in that once AccountRight v19.14 has been installed it should be a straight forward process of opening the file, upgrading it into AccountRight v19.14 and then loading the new tax tables.

It’s worth pointing out that AccountRight v19.14 is the compliance update, so when you have installed the latest version, you won’t get a prompt to upgrade for the compliance update, as you have already installed it.

Do let us know how you get on with this

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Jasper_Lawyers
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil,

I've uninstalled AccountRight 2017.1.1 and successfully installed v.19.14 and at lease my computer told me that this version has been successfully updated. However when I then opened my company  file it's still showing that I'm on v.19.12. Is there an extra step I have to do to get it to run on the new version? I know I'm getting closer but still not quite there.

Thanks

@jasperlawyers

MYOB Moderator JakeN
645 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
JakeN
MYOB Moderator

645Posts

106Kudos

74Solutions

Hi @Jasper_Lawyers,

I would suggest having a look at this support article, Updating to AccountRight 19.14 (click here to open).

It has answers to common questions including the one that you have asked so I have made the link expand that for you when you open the page.

Kind regards,
JakeN
MYOB Partner/Social Support

Is this a Solution?
Mark this as an Accepted Solution
Helpful? Leave a kudos to tell others

8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Jasper_Lawyers
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi JakeN,

Thanks for your reply. I've had a good look at the support article you attached and tried to follow the instructions to create the shortcut that's required to run AccountRight Plus v.19.14 however when I got to the part where I needed to locate the myob.exe file under Plus19 I realised it's missing. I'm pretty sure I've done the update installation properly via my.MYOB. I could only see the 'AccountRight_Plus_v19_14_0_Update' application under the Plus19 folder and the only MYOB related .exe file I could see is MYOB.exe.manifest, it just doesn't make sense to me. What could be the reason that I couldn't see the MYOB.exe file?

@Jasper_Lawyers

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post